Nice day of Pike fishing.

Garry2Rs

Last night my buddy Kirk and his family stopped in, we had lasagna, and wine...and shot the breeze for a while.

This morning we slept in...grin.

After a hearty breakfast of pancakes, eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausage and fried onion rings, Kirk and family headed off. I hung back to give them time to launch, then followed a few minutes later.

It was 11:00 AM when I left the house.

The neighbours stayed home today, so the dogs came along for the boat ride.

I started fishing at the first marina and soon had two quick hook-ups, but they both got off!!!

The hooks on my old Rapala Husky Jerk have been replaced many times and the current set was too small, plus one treble only had two points...

I stop on the lea side of an island and changed hooks, and was able to landed the next two fish...Both small ones around 30 inches.

I was casting toward the windy shore, throwing long casts, into very shallow water then working the jerkbait out over the first drop off.

The wind was quite strong, but that's where the bites were. The lea side was much more comfortable, but I didn't move a thing there and was soon back out in the wind...

By 3:00pm I had, had enough and called it quits. I came home, with the smaller of my two fish, as a donation to my neighbour's fish fry tonight.

All together in four hours I had 4 follows, three fish that got away, and two in the boat.

Here's Natalie with my small one.

May24thpike001.jpg

If South Bay and West Bay mean anything to you, you know where I was fishing...grin.

A thirty incher is a small fish, here's a picture of the same little girl with a thirty-eight inch fish she caught last year...

DSCN1043.jpg

gotta love it when the 30 inchers are the small fish...better off this time of year that you didn't head out until late anyways..bite is better in the afternoon when the surface temps warm up a bit

I'm not sure about the weight, but you can see it was chunky.

Natalie's fish was only 12 pounds...a spawned out Female.

I caught one the same length a few years ago that weighed 19 pounds in August.

DSC01729.jpg

Hi Marty;

Nice to see you're able to sit up and take nourishment...grin.

I hear they're still playing hockey down your way...

Don't you guys know it's Summer?

GRIN.

Garry did you not watch the game,only one team was playing.LOL

Nice fish bud. You really got to get that pedistal seast redone. That does the name no justice.GRIN HAHAHA

Slept in,that must be a first,,,,,,,,,,,or forth for you.LOL

Thanks for sharing. Im thinking it will be soon time for a trip up,but I think I,ll wait for the bigger toothy critters season.

Edited by misfish

Hi Brian;

I don't have TV anymore the aerial doesn't work and I can't afford Satellite and Gas...HAHAHA.

Let me know when you can make it over. Maybe Santa will bring me a new grey seat. I have a blue one off the Skeeter, but the old Ranger seat is nicer to lean against.