Fun evening fishing the pier in dover.

nautifish

Well myself & sinns hit the Pier this evening. Panama never showed up at my work. For some reason he showed up at my house while i was working. My neighbor told me a strange man was looking for me.....lol....Just joking Panama....actually he is sat in my kitchen drinking Beer with sinns as i am typing this at 10.35pm......lol........Anyway he finally found me down at the Pier after work. He was already down there fishing. Rich you know who Panama is.....lol.....It was good to see you again mike and congrats your son again for me. You should post a picture of your son you got from the maple leaf its a great picture.

So anyway it was pretty slow for the 1st half hr then my Aunt and my Nan showed up out of no where. So i ended up sitting and chatting with them on one of the benches......for about an hr ::) I swear i saw everyone and his dog tonight.....Even some old fishing pals i have not seen for a few yrs which was nice.

So sinns was the 1st to pull in the 1st fish of the evening a little rock bass.

rocky.jpg

Not long after i got a big hit and had a big fish on. But i lost it and was not a happy camper lemme tell ya, But i was determined to catch another carp tonight.

So i bait up again line was in maybe ten minutes when Wham big hit again. Turns out it was just a scrappy carp but what beautiful colors and it was so clean looking it really was a beauty looking fish.

scrappy.jpg

When i landed the fish they're was a group if little ones all excited and had never seen a carp before. They were all asking if they could touch it.....lol...I told them all to get in with me for the next shot. I really do love this photograph i love to see the look on the little ones faces when they get so excited over a fish....lol

This is such a cute picture.

cute-1.jpg

Do have video footage also to come. ;) but not sure i want to bore you all with it..... :whistling:

Edited by nautifish

beauty carp, going for them tomorrow! thanks for sharing

I may head out for them again tommorow evening. On my walk in to work this morning i stopped at a local spot and man ohh man there was some huge and i mean huge Carp swimming around.

Good luck tommorow Lets just hope your not too hung over huh.......lol :P

Thats a really great report Nauti, dont wanna get too melodramatic but it did almost make me mist over when you mentioned seeing all the folks from the pier. I used to fish 2 local piers by the sea back home and the friendships and banter with the same old faces was priceless....oh yeah....show the vids...can only speak for myself but it would not be boring.

Super report Tracy. I love the pic with the girls in it, that's priceless.

Joey

Thanx Joey. They were so bloody cute....lol...I think i may have to have that picture developed and framed . :thumbsup_anim:

Nice fish, glad you had a good time. I had a good outing this evening too. Between me and my friend, in 3 hours, we landed about 150lb of carp ;-) Can't beat carping in May.

Ok wolfville i don't need to be hearing that after working eleven straight hrs today...... :P ...lol

Sounds like you boy's had a blast you and victor really should get yourselfs down to dover and come fish for some Carp. I might be heading out with rich monday evening to hit some. ;)

I love fishing for Carp. :thumbsup_anim:

Thats a really great report Nauti, dont wanna get too melodramatic but it did almost make me mist over when you mentioned seeing all the folks from the pier. I used to fish 2 local piers by the sea back home and the friendships and banter with the same old faces was priceless....oh yeah....show the vids...can only speak for myself but it would not be boring.

Not being melodramatic at all You miss home sometimes nothing wrong with that. Wish i could say i miss the UK but fact is i hate the place. :D If it was not for having my folks there and three younger sisters i would probably never go back.

Winter here in dover its like everyone goes into hibernation you see no one. As soon as the perch derby starts in April that is when u start to see alot of the local and regular crowd come out of hibernation. A couple of old timers i have known for six yrs now just from fishing the pier i just luv to death. Great people :thumbsup_anim:

I love CANADA. :canadian:

As for the video ERMMM! :whistling: ...LOL ;) Actually limey maybe i will forward one to you privatley that was done a few yrs back out fishing with sinns and rich for carp. Seriously this video is hillarious the three of us were out on my tinny . * well lets just say....Ahhh never mind.......lol. :whistling:

LOL Twighlight. Carp are not ugly..........they are cute....... ;)

Edited by nautifish

I don't know how you do it Nauti, I must admit I am in awe. I tried for years various methods to try and coax carp from the pier. Only ones I ever got were incidental while fishing perch. You've figured out a strategy to actually target them from the pier. Awesome. Ya gotta fill me in on your secret!

I don't know how you do it Nauti, I must admit I am in awe. I tried for years various methods to try and coax carp from the pier. Only ones I ever got were incidental while fishing perch. You've figured out a strategy to actually target them from the pier. Awesome. Ya gotta fill me in on your secret!

Thankyou Mattk. ;)

Rich gimme a call tomorrow night about monday evening ok? :thumbsup_anim:

Great catch Nautifish! Those are real nice fish.

I know there are a few of us in the GTA dying to get out that way for some road trip carping...Cough cough Victor/Wolfville

Top Angling

Great catch Nautifish! Those are real nice fish.

I know there are a few of us in the GTA dying to get out that way for some road trip carping...Cough cough Victor/Wolfville

Top Angling

MJL....You guy's are allways welcome to come down and fish with us here in dover. Just drop me a PM ok?

Hi tracy,great to see you out fishing girl !!!!!....long time since we heard from you,great catch too...julie says hi as well....cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Hiya Hun.

Actaully i sent you a PM through here about a week ago maybe a little longer. Check your pm ok? As for the fishing i am trying to get in as much as i can before my mom and lil sis get here a week tomorrow. I am pretty excited have not seen my biern sis for allmost six yrs now. My dad was also sopost to be coming over but he just recently had a stroke so Dr's have told him he is not able to fly due to haveing three blood clots on the brain. My nan & paps have they're 60th wedding anniversary in two week. 60 yrs blimey i could not imagine living 60 yrs with the same man....LOL. :rolleyes:

....So anyway june is going to be absolutley crazy busy for me. My lil sis is only here for a week but my mom will be with me for three weeks.. In two weeks i will be catering to over 80 family members here at my home so thats going to be a crazy day on the 8th. Then five days after that we have the big biker event here in dover i will yet again have a house full from the 12th through to the 15th. Then hopfully things will slow down a little i will be able to spend some quality time with my mom and am hoping to ger her out fishing for the 1st time while on this visit. She has not fished since she was a young grl.

Tell jules i said hi and you really need to get your butts down here this summer. We have plenty of room for you to stay over and i know the little one will just love it here. Dover is great in the summer time. June 21st to the 23rd i beleive they are having a marine heritage festival here in dover. On the 21st they're will be three tall ships just off the pier doing battle at twighlight.. Cannons going off and the whole shabang so going to be a great weekend.

Drop me a pm ok hun.

JB Thankyou. ;)

Wow what a great pic of you and the girls there may be some new anglers in the future.

NOw open your eyes next time you pose with the fish :whistling:

lol mike.

Actually my eyes were open ...lol...I could not get over how pretty that fish was. It just looks like my eyes are closed because of the angle of the shot...HONEST! :whistling:

& YES THOSE LITTLE WEE ONES were very excited when i landed that fish. You should hear them on the video its pretty funny actually. ;)