Opening Day in Saskatchewan

holdfast

I wanted to test the Picture thing here so I added some photos that might be interesting at my trailer in Big river Saskatchewan.

Oboardmount.jpg

Thanks to Cliff he gave me the Idea for an outboard Mount. I just added Bicycle wheels so I can move my Honda as she is quite heavy

outwheeled.jpg

Not so bad moving it from my garage to the truck at my house in North Battleford. Hope the engine works as when I layed it on the ground she leaked oil

firebarrel.jpg

My portable fire pit worked out well. All my projects didnt cost me a dime as everything I used was salvaged from the Dump. I actually found a grill which I put on top and had some hamburgers.

adorondicchairtable.jpg

This is probably my favorite Project. I found some plans on the Internet and decided to Build an Adirondack Chair and Table. Not doing too much woodworking since High school, once I got started I was hooked. You can also see the shelves that i had built

fishingrack.jpg

Not sure what these Items were. Maybe for shoes, but I thought it would make a good Fishing rod rack. Just needed some spray paint and a drill.

stereostand.jpg

My stereo stand that I made for my old stereo. I got a good deal on Polk tower speakers and thought why not have a stereo with my cassettes and LPs that are tucked away at home. At the trailer on the porch in the little room the sound is awesome. I dont feel bad as the rednecks up the road has their country tunes blairing. I aint complaining, Neither is my wife, she would rather stay at home. Fine with me.

Boatpredepart.jpg

Now what Ive been waiting for all year. Fishing. The boat is ready. lets hope the motor is good.

cameratestpredepart.jpg

But first I want to see how I can take a picture alone in case I catch a fish. Thanks to an OFC thread, I actually found a way. seems to work on the Bow. Ill do a test on the water later.

trollingrod.jpg

Motor started like a Honda, just as if I had it out the Day before. Decided to troll but only one small Jack. But the sights were great and everything seems to be working fine. But a big Bummer. I only realized after I put the boat in the water that I forgot my fishfinder at home. Felt really blind as I didnt know the depths I was fishing.

doglaying.jpg

There's a Rat on Board, Wonder if I should use her for Bait. Ill tell the wife, an Eagle grabbed her.

dogmoving.jpg

Must of heard me.

cameratestwithoutfish.jpg

Well no fish caught, but I guess I better be quicker and not panic as this test photo shows. seems I barely had time to set the camera and pose.

No real fish caught, but I got some good Int by some of the Locals on where to find monster pike. Opening Day was a good test run for the fishing season at least

Edited by holdfast

Nice post! Was under the impression that it was more barren and Arctic like up that way.

We haven't had t-shirt and shorts weather down in S. Ontario yet.

Nice work on the hobbies.

ehg

Guest Johnny Bass

Good to hear you got some fishing in after all that hard work. Some pretty impressive woodwork. I thought you were meditating or something in that last pic.lol