Rice lake walleye fishing with a BIG SUPRISE

jdmls

note this is a post re-do as there had be an issue with the original post..

Headed out to Rice for some Walleye action Saturday morning...within the first five minutes of trolling I get a monster hit....This thing was peeling line for a good 30 seconds....We thought we had a record walleye on the line seeing as how pike and muskie are pretty much extinct on this lake.....I got its head up and caught eye with a brute OOS muskie.....Picked it up quickly to take the hook out and snapped a pic before releasing it.....not even 10 seconds of reviving and she was off....We trolled some new area's and did well for the three or so hours we had to fish before the storm hit...managed 7 good size walleye (lost one at the boat) and one accidental muskie...Who would of thought a Giant muskie like that would be hitting a fast running 2" crank bait in 55 degree water !!! Nothing seezes to amaze me anymore !!!

P1020360.jpg

P1020362.jpg

Edited by jdmls

Nice fish...

Rice has produced well for me this year for Walleyes....Have caught a couple each time I have gone out. (Released them All)

Have yet to stumble upon any big hits that may be Muskie....Would enjoy that though

better hope danbo doesn't see that picture of the muskie.

You fish there often?

Nice 'eyes! Great to see Rice is still producing walleye. Slowed down there for a couple of years (for me anyway). Not that I've ever tried, I didn't really tangle with too many incidental muskies there. I always thought it was a poor musky numbers lake. Guess I'm wrong!