monday's adventure

workwear

well monday hooked up with a member on here for our first day of fishing together....a great guy to say the least

we went out to target bows,turned out to be a very slo day didnt get into any

we left after a few hours and he said let go get us some carp

im thinking to myself carp??....ok lets try this as ive never targeted for carp

well here is a pic from a good size carp that had me fightin her for bout 15 min...good fight,caught with a hair rig

thxs bassfighter

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd294/b...monstercarp.jpg

Congrats on ur 1st.

Nice to see more and more anglers out there giving it a shot.....Who knows maybe one day it will becomes as popular here as it is in Europe.

Stanger things have happened you know...... :P

Guest Johnny Bass

Looks like Carp saved the day.Carp are great fun to catch. I remember losing many many carp as a boy with my stick and line.lol Once I learned what drag was, it was all over for them.lol

Thanks for the report.

Good job Workwear,

You fought them real well. Let us see if you can hit double digit the next time around. Tell your athletic wife that you are into some workout when you go fishing. Show her how tight your mucle get after a fishing outing next time.

I am starting to give this carp fishing its due respect. I will not demise the quality of fight this species can provide.

I can't wait to go back and bring a baseball bat with us, to save time so I can hit 20 carp in one outing. HA! HA! HA!

Well - Its nice to see the pleasantries are outta the way. Every forum's got at least one...

:asshat:

HAHAHA! There's a lot more than one on this board. You're going to wear out your :asshat: button!

Welcome aboard. Sorry you took offense at my 'joke'.

Yet anudder 'STEALheader' gets hooked on the 'lowly' carp . . . . my hat's off to you for landing that one on light gear, even if it was a bit lethargic . . . . it STILL has a lotta power. If ya REALLY get into it, you might consider buying your maize (and other groundbaits) in bulk . . . . there's a few places near the GTA where you can buy the stuff a helluva lot cheaper than you'll get at your corner store. (#1) Rens Feeds . . . 4002 Trafalgar Rd. Mississauga (#2) Queensville Farm Supply, Queensville Ontario. (#3) Caesarea Farm Supplies, #7 Highway & County Road #57. (10 klicks east of Port Perry) For example . . . last year I was paying $8.50 for 40 kilos of maize . . . likely about $12.00 this year!) Good luck!

HAHAHA! There's a lot more than one on this board. You're going to wear out your :asshat: button!

Welcome aboard. Sorry you took offense at my 'joke'.

rukiddingme? I took no offense Fireball - all in good fun... :thumbsup_anim:

(I kinda thought the symbol meant smartass anyway, and since I'm one myself - thought I'd throw it atchya...)

just think of carp as RUSTY STEEL

Lol that's a good'un.

And the carp are really starting to come in there in the last week, the big'uns still have the feed bag on before the spawn.

Even had a few chasing stickbaits I was tossing for pike. Where were you looking for bows around there, you need to get to the Credit before you'll find much. Though some boats are sticking a few in the Bay trolling diving crankbaits.