Lake Simcoe Whitefish Report!!

ranger520vx

Well a day can change real fast on Lake Simcoe. It went from calm like below my wife Janice captured at about 7am at the dock @ Sibbalds to about 3 foot chop from the east by 930am.

DSCN0633.JPG

In that time, we hooked into numerous Lake Simcoe Whitefish using Silver & Blue Willaims Whitefish and the "mean green Meegs" jigged in 66 FOW . The fish wanted it hovering about 6 inches above bottom and we played video games on the sonar tempting them to hammer the lure.

Theres a good fish fry in our future.....but moms getting a fillet gift wrapped later also.

DSCN0642.JPG

DSCN0643.JPG

Guest Johnny Bass

Nice catch! I may try my hand at white fish this year. Never tried jigging.They sound like a lot of fun to catch!

We made it over to JP in about 10 mins. this morning ,but it turned ugly quick...we took one over the bow and I said 'I think it's time'.....It took most of an hour to get back to Innisfil only to find the last 2 boats at the launch were completly swamped while waiting to get plucked......Luckily a guy asked if I would like him to back my truck in for us ,I answered 'SURE', and tossed him my keys as we past the docks....As he backed in ,I drove onto the trailer and we were out unscaved......Wet ,but with whities.....I got my 2 but lady missed a few...TC and tight lines all.......Chuck..........

.....Good on you ranger520vx, I need a whitie fix myself. Hoping Friday will be good for me and Fishfarmer to go.

Glad you made it back BigChev, with fish no less. :)

I've canceled my last two outings due to those nasty easterlies!