Deep cycle battery – where to buy?

I've had good luck with interstate as well. I have one now that is going into its 7th season. I've also had good luck with nautilus out of CT. I have one of them that is going on 5 seasons, but its not as good as it used to be. Doesn't owe me anything though.

Walmart sells Optima's and Energizers.....the energizers were $89 last I saw. I'm not sure what they're like.

Sinker

If you can find a Delco Voyager by it. I just got rid of mine last year after 10 years. I never maintained it properly and only charged it once for the starage in the fall and it was flawless for 10 years. I was in need of a replacement on holidays last summer so I bought the first one I found at BPS. I got my Voyager at Cosco,try there.

Man, I'll second the Delco Voyager battery. I have one as my main battery that starts the big motor and runs EVERYTHING except my trolling motor. Every year for the last 4-5 years I say to myself I need to replace that battery but it last through the season again. This battery must be 9 or 10 years old now and it still kicking very well. It has outlasted SEVERAL deep cycle batteries for my trolling motor. And the nice thing about this battery is it is SEALED and maintenance free. That really helps me because it a chore to remove this battery to check the cells for water.

Now the problem with this Delco Voyager Battery. WHERE TO GET ONE ? ? ? ? I have looked everywhere here and can't find one. Anyone purchased a Delco lately.

The Nautilus batteries at Crappie tire are very good for the price they have the regular deep cell and the spiral ones that claim to last twice as long, I got the regular ones (on the 4th year still full charge, at last a whole day no proplem) for 120 and the new spiral technology ones are 220.

Yes Interstate... DEEP CYCLE... most garages have or can get them as they are used in Motorhomes etc for dry camping. The ones in my old Southwind are going on 8 years old this year... and they charged up just fine yesterday and I haven't used the damn thing in three years.

That's still WAY over priced IMHO. Walmart and Sam's Club has deep cycle group 27 batteries here for under $65

Not Absorbed Glass Matts they don't ! .. and that's what the Optima Bucktail quoted is.

Homedepot USA sells the AGM batteries for $240 a piece US $$'s. I know because I just sourced them and while they are available at Homedepot USA.. they are not at Homedepot Canada.

I just grabbed 4 new batterries from CTC.

1 Cranking Energizer.......700MCA w/ reserve of 140minutes

3 DeepCycle/2 for trolling motor 24 volt charging system and the xtra for the accessories

650MCA..w/130minutes reserve amp.hr.capacity.

Total walkout price of ...........$396.00..before taxes.

I think I did well.

CTC in Trenton.

Not Absorbed Glass Matts they don't ! .. and that's what the Optima Bucktail quoted is.

Homedepot USA sells the AGM batteries for $240 a piece US $$'s. I know because I just sourced them and while they are available at Homedepot USA.. they are not at Homedepot Canada.

If your really set on Optima Batteries they can be had for only $159.00 at Sam's Club here and that is still over priced IMHO.

Delco Voyager Batteries are a better buy for the price and durability.

I bought my interstate deep cycle battery 210 reserve capacity minutes for $95 at sams club - london about 2 weeks ago. best rated batter I could find for the money. Having said that - I was just in w-mart yesterday and noticed they dropped the price of their deep cycle battery, energizers (cranking/deep cycle batteries) to about $79 (from $99)

From these post replies and from just keeping my eye on what going on in the stores that supply.

There is deff., a huge day to day FLuctuation of nearly $20-45 on the same battery depending on where you buy.

Sears is great for the return policy but CTC to me has the best overall prices on their NAUTILUS series...

I got the Nautilus in the huge reserve model (oversized)

Budget/Battery and Compartment size???.....its what you have to look at.

The biggest /Baddest Battery you can get within your price range....a wize ole Irishman once told me...lol

bNb

I buy mine at the local medical supply store. I get the ones that they use in wheelchairs and scooters. They are deep cycle gel cell and you don't pay tax on goods for the handicapped. The only problem is they don't come with fancy handles built into them. I put mine in canvas bags with straps and carry them that way. My Sportspal canoe weighs 58lbs, my two gel cells weigh 66lbs total. With these two batteries I've never run out of juice, even after 6-8hrs of use.

Edited by jediangler

Guest lundboy
If your really set on Optima Batteries they can be had for only $159.00 at Sam's Club here and that is still over priced IMHO.

Delco Voyager Batteries are a better buy for the price and durability.

All depends what someone's requirements are. If one wants a battery that is lighter in weight, smaller in size (for it's rating catagory) and charges in about 2/3 the time, and won't leak all over no matter which way they are mounted or even if punctured, then orbital AGMs are worth the extra buck.