Fisherman attacked

Hey guys, I'm just as fed up with little punks as everyone else...but the problem isn't the Youth Criminal Justice Act....it's not the police....it's the parents, or lack there of and it's the court system. In my opinion after working in the legal system as the idiot catcher and as a youth probation officer, it's the court system. The YCJA does work if it's used right, however in most jurisdictions the court system doesn't know how to properly implement them because there isn't a youth only court.

Let's face it. I don't know the stats but I'm betting that 20-30% of these young punks are going to do time in the slammer at one point or another in their lives. You know: assault and battery, aggravated assault, dangersous weapons, threatening and so on.

If they beat up innocent people now, a number of them will do a lot worse later. The problem is that they don't "pay" for hurting people now. These types of psychos only know one way: beat or be beat. I don't have ANY sympathy for them at all. Lock them away. They'll surely wind up there anyway.

We need Turkish prisons here. Wake up each day to a beating and eat bread and water for a couple of years with a hole in the floor to do your business, somehow, I don't think there would be much of a problem for repeat offenders and for them, the Chinese 9mm in the back of the would be nice.

Parents are way to easy on their kids these days. I don't get people. If I had the police show up on the doorstep when I was a kid I would be begging them to take me away, jail would be preferable to the shots my dad would have given me.

makes me sick. What ever happened to a one on one throwdown?

I am not a very confrontational person, but I have seen my share of scraps, mostly stemming from multiple people beating up on one friend. Just ridiculous. Kids these days (I never thought I would be saying that ... I used to shake my head when my dad said it)

Where are the parents? Both are at work trying to keep a roof over their heads.

Of course there's more single Moms these days too.

Society is to blame for it.

Violence is everywhere in the media..try to watch your nightly News on TV without shaking your head in sorrow..

These kids need "creative guidance" with sports,music,art,etc..but it costs time & money.

Outcast kids usually seek others of the same for friendship & protection. Thus, gang mentality creeps in..usually with one or two Disturbed kids that become leaders of the pack.

Until Society steps up, this stuff will just keep spreading........

The YCJA does work if it's used right, however in most jurisdictions the court system doesn't know how to properly implement them because there isn't a youth only court.

The YCJA is worse than the Young Offenders Act it replaced. And having a youth only court doesn't help one bit.

How many FLARE GUNS can you carry in your tackle box?

Now you're talking bud !

Burn a hole thru the first one... the rest don't wait for the reload!

Self defence system of choice for Truckers world wide!

Edited by irishfield

If we cant abolish the YOA then at least lets publish some names and the names of their parents. As someone said earlier, shame is a motivator. Let the public know who is doing it. We have a group of kid in our neighborhood that seem to think slashing tires is fun and damaging parked cars. its not a one-off situation either, its happened a few times. Well turns out some people found out who they were and gave them a little "talkin" to with some help of fists and boots, they have not caused anything in our neighborhood since then. Cops were called many times and nothing was done. The whole neighborhood is in for protecting what is ours and keeping it safe for everyone. If the law cant do anything about it, citizens will unfortunately.

From the little I've read, it seems when a fellow in the military commits an offence and is placed in a military detention centre, the punishment is regimented and harsh.

Yet when an person outside the military commits an offence, our punishment is often little more than a slap on the wrist with zero accountability after a phony apology blaming everyone else but themselves for their conduct. Seems strange to have such different approaches to those who offend. Andy

Why is it we aren't allowed to operate a motor vehicle without first proving our worthiness by successfully passing a written test and then a driving test of our skills to obtain permission in the form of a driver's license?

Would it not stand to reason, that in order to bring human beings into the world, we should be deemed fit and capable parents? I know it sounds George Orwell(ish) (1984), but it could be done. Every child born could have their reproductive capabilities put on hold as to such time when said hopefull parents could then could prove their ability to provide a nurturing enviro. Many people have multiple children as a meal ticket, to support themselves. It is not fair for the children or the taxpayers.

If we cant abolish the YOA then at least lets publish some names and the names of their parents. As someone said earlier, shame is a motivator. Let the public know who is doing it. We have a group of kid in our neighborhood that seem to think slashing tires is fun and damaging parked cars. its not a one-off situation either, its happened a few times. Well turns out some people found out who they were and gave them a little "talkin" to with some help of fists and boots, they have not caused anything in our neighborhood since then. Cops were called many times and nothing was done. The whole neighborhood is in for protecting what is ours and keeping it safe for everyone. If the law cant do anything about it, citizens will unfortunately.

The Y.O.A. needs to be repealed and replaced with the doli incapax clause as seen in the case of the murder of James Bulger in Liverpool:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_James_Bulger

If those brats want to play like grown-ups, let them pay like grown-ups. Seeing that the Canadian Injustice system seems to encourage, promote, and support that kind of behavior, we honest working folks end up the losers when the case goes to court.

We have a choice when it comes to dealing and living with brats who gain for themselves at the expense of others with such legal impunity. We can continue to have our lives ruined by such individuals and groups, or we can take matters in our own hands (albeit with high legal risk) and apply our own solution: Frontier Justice. One thing: make sure you have no witnesses who might go against you.