Welcome to PA

At this point it is almost comedic. We have an infestation of deer ticks in our back yard (1/2 acre forest) and some dog ticks as well. Now the dog ticks aren't so bad as at least you can see them. Deer ticks however, DANG. Dogs have had them, cats, kids. I am trying to keep them all out of the forest and mowing down all the tall grass, starting closest to the house. Problem is that Cooper likes to go in and out freely and they didn't install dead bolts. Needless to say, deadbolts are going on today. Apparently someone is coming this week to drop some nasty poison into the trees and on the ground. Next is to try and keep the deer out.

Anyways, the move went well. New job is good and wife is soldiering through this like a trooper.

Welcome to the USA.Pick up a few chickens and build a coop.The side benifit is free fresh eggs.Let them out for a few hours in the afternoon and they will keep the bugs down.Front line for the dogs works well.Keep the grass near the home short.

Joe

I know that area well Steve, between York and Gettysburg right?

Glad you are getting settled. I'm sure that you will get the bugs under control soon.

I hear that the single malt grows on trees down there!...... :lol:

Quit whining. You should be happy. Unlike your entire home country, both PA teams are still playing for the Cup. Just be careful which one you root for.

Philly will eat 'em alive! That is if they can catch them!

Pittsburgh in 6 or 7.........

Well, i have found some inexpensive labour and much of the problem will be gone by the time I get back from Chicago on thursday. I have a tick infestation guy coming on Thursday to put down some mice boxes, (almost $600 worth, hahaha). The mice go in the box and come out with some tick killer on them. Baby ticks die, soon enough it's bush party time!!!

Single Malt grows on trees in maryland, John. Not PA. Prices are half there.

Anyways, report back on the weekend and let you know how it goes.