Buying a Stradic - best price?

jat

www.all-americanoutdoors.com Best prices anywhere! and they are a OFC sponsor.

G

Hey Gerritt,

The Daiwa reel that I own (EXC 1500 Exceler) is 5.00 cheaper at LeBaron than at All American.

I didn’t do an in depth study to compare all prices, and I admittedly wouldn’t know a Stradic if one bit me, but it is clearly not a slam dunk on all items.

Jim

PS. I have done further research and found the Stradic to be about 50.00 cheaper at All American. God bless America, God bless Gerritt, and God bless us, everyone.

Hey Gerritt,

The Daiwa reel that I own (EXC 1500 Exceler) is 5.00 cheaper at LeBaron than at All American.

I didn’t do an in depth study to compare all prices, and I admittedly wouldn’t know a Stradic if one bit me, but it is clearly not a slam dunk on all items.

Jim

PS. I have done further research and found the Stradic to be about 50.00 cheaper at All American. God bless America, God bless Gerritt, and God bless us, everyone.

That right there is funny!! They are not the best price on everything... but they are on alot of products especially Shimano it appears... The nice thing about this outfit is you pay no tax, and you pay the real shipping charges (A few bucks, I think I paid 5.00 for shipping) and a 2.00 handling fee (to pay for the shipping supplies)

I think given the taxes, shipping charges that LB will charge All-americanoutdoors.com would be cheaper on the Diawa reel????

Being $50.00 cheaper then the rest of the market is simply awesome on the Stradic :)

G

Guest lundboy

Take a look at the Shimano Saros. Bit less expensive than the Stradic, but seems to me to be a better built reel. Feels smoother too. Only difference I know of is Aerowrap II on Stradic.

LB Catalogue Pricing:

Saros F=$141.94

Stradic FI=$177.45

Take a look at the Shimano Saros. Bit less expensive than the Stradic, but seems to me to be a better built reel. Feels smoother too. Only difference I know of is Aerowrap II on Stradic.

LB Catalogue Pricing:

Saros F=$141.94

Stradic FI=$177.45

I would also add that this year's Symetre is last year's Stadic and has a better feel for 2/3 the price.

-Brian

Guest lundboy
I would also add that this year's Symetre is last year's Stadic and has a better feel for 2/3 the price.

-Brian

Thanks! That's good know!

(But I just noticed it doesn't have the new spool lip "propulsion" feature that the Saros on up has this year)

Edited by lundboy

So I am looking for one of the new Shimano reels and was wondering who has the best price......I remember there was some U.S. site that gave the best discounts...any tips.....thanks

I paid $129 US for my Stradic at Allamerican outdoors.. only thing is that the shipping ended up costing me $17.00 instead of the originally anticipated $7.00 That plus the $2 handling brought it to $149 still cheaper than most places around here, and I recieved it in about 6 business days. They started shipping priority mail instead of first class I think he said because it was taking 2-3 weeks for some people to get their reels. Just be aware of this since the shipping is not as cheap as originally thought. Oh, I also got a free spool of line with it, and I am happy with the purchase!

Andrew.

I paid $129 US for my Stradic at Allamerican outdoors.. only thing is that the shipping ended up costing me $17.00 instead of the originally anticipated $7.00 That plus the $2 handling brought it to $149 still cheaper than most places around here, and I recieved it in about 6 business days. They started shipping priority mail instead of first class I think he said because it was taking 2-3 weeks for some people to get their reels. Just be aware of this since the shipping is not as cheap as originally thought. Oh, I also got a free spool of line with it, and I am happy with the purchase!

Andrew.

Andrew good to know... I had no problems in waiting 2 weeks for my order as I was told up front this would be the case.... I guess some people did have a problem with it and that is why I am assuming he changed his shipping method??....

I am sure if you stated you were not in a rush he would be more then happy to ship the way he did in the past... perhaps he should offer this choice to his clients...

Either way a Better price then anyone here in Hamilton, or Ontario for that matter.

G

The nice thing about this outfit is you pay no tax, and you pay the real shipping charges (A few bucks, I think I paid 5.00 for shipping) and a 2.00 handling fee (to pay for the shipping supplies)

This topic may be dead, but how do you not have to pay Cdn. taxes?

Pray tell :huh:

I paid $129 US for my Stradic at Allamerican outdoors..

Andrew.

That's cheap. Did you get the new version or were they selling off the old one? I bought two of them at the sportman's show and the best price I could manage was $155 per (taxes in). Some places were selling the older version for slightly less...

That's cheap. Did you get the new version or were they selling off the old one? I bought two of them at the sportman's show and the best price I could manage was $155 per (taxes in). Some places were selling the older version for slightly less...

These are the new models.

• 2 months later...

so I finally bought a stradic from all-american and I missed the parcel drop off but I did get a notice that I owe around 12 bucks to Canada post - WHAT THE HECK IS THAT ALL ABOUT???????? Have any of you paid the post man?

so I finally bought a stradic from all-american and I missed the parcel drop off but I did get a notice that I owe around 12 bucks to Canada post - WHAT THE HECK IS THAT ALL ABOUT???????? Have any of you paid the post man?

Duty, + the $5 brokerage fee to Canada Post.

I wouldn't complain much about $12... You are lucky it wasn't shipped UPS.

The fact is that any shipment from anywhere outside Canada not marked as a gift or over 20.00 that winds up coming from Canada Post "might" get inspected by Customs and if that happens you get charged 5 bucks for the pleasure of having them open it. Then you get to pay the PST and any duty if applicable. That is on ANY SHIPMENT new or used it doesn't matter.... Of course if they don't inspect it there are no fees. It is just a crapshoot or postal roulette. Anytime a package slips through it is a bonus for you anytime they get inspected it is a loss but still much better than UPS, Fedex or DHL outrageous ripoff brokerage fees.

I ordered some reels from all american outdoors june 26 and have yet to receive anything. I'm all for a good price but the shipping time is way too long. Don't know that I'll order anything else from them.

Did they give you a tracking number? I would suspect it being held at customs for most of the elapsed time. Which unfortunately could happen with any shipment from outside Canada. I have had things at customs up for 12 days just waiting for them to open it so they can charge me the fees. There is no logic to how they decide on what to look at either from what I can tell. I average one to five shipments a month and can't discern a pattern?

It is getting to be long enough even with the American holiday weekend that I would start tracing the package and find out where it is though.

I contacted them and this was the reply:

Sir, We apologize for delay and have sent the order out. We had to ship it in parts, and the second half is leaving soon. There was a backorder issue for one of the items and it caused problems with the order getting shipped out on time. WE are going to pay for the shipping charges on the second shipment as it was our fault the items were unable to be shipped all together. We apologize, but are apt to run out of any item at any time.

Dave

I know about the backorders and things causing delay but it said it was in stock when I ordered. I still don't know when I'll get my stuff. I order gear from the states all the time and this is the first delay I've run into of this magnitude.