A whole plethora of things

motv8tr

Good morning all, boy it's good to be back and able to post and read posts :P For the past few months I have had problems with my connection and barely able to get online and trying to post was an execise in frustration. The problem was with my phone line and Bell came out and the tech put in a new box outside the house, and spliced some new wires in, I expect to have a few problems with that in the future but for now I'm happy :D

Managed to get the screws of the lower unit of the boat motor yesterday and a bit of water came out with the oil, there wasn't a lot so I think I should be ok???? I'm hoping to pick up new screws for it when I'm at BPS today. I managed to get the screw off when Steve came over to help me with my car yesterday...

....I took my car in to Super Lube in Midland on Sat morning, I have done this several times now, in fact they had a deal it seems where you buy 5 and the 6th one is free....this was my free one. I drove home, and then back into town a couple of hours later to get my cousin and back home, total of about 50km. On the way back home the oil light comes on? I check when I get home and the dip stick is dry :wallbash: Of course Super Lube was closed and closed on Suncay....stuck home for the day until Steve came over after he got home from work, found that they had left the gasket from the old filter on so there wasn't a proper seal....he managed to fix it (after I took a couple of pictures) and added some oil, I'll be going in this morning to let them know what happened....will get back with their response.

This morning I am off to BPS to pick up a couple of things and do some pricing, I'm on vacation this week and hope to do some stuff with the boat. I had hoped to put it in the water but the weather doesn't appear to want to cooperate :( I need to get an anchor and rope, and new winch line? A couple of safety chains, want to price seats for the boat and covers. My cover got damaged over the winter as did the windshield...I'm hoping that's minor....the weight of the snow and melting ice pulled the windhield in a bit, I've managed to push it out some, not sure if it's enough yet....oh well I'll tinker with it and see what happens.

Have a great day all

Maureen

Good to hear from you again Mo! I'd be pretty ticked about that Super Lube fiasco! Hopefully you get the boat in ship shape soon so you can get it out on the water. We've only managed one outing this year....timing/weather hasn't been on our side as of yet either.

Good luck with it all!

Make sure you get the little "O" ring seals that go on those screws Mo, I'm thinkin the old ones are worn and /or gone and that's how the water got into your motor foot.

You could be right there Glen. Just after I brought the boat home, fishindevil came over to help me change the lower unit oil and one of the rings had pretty much disintegrated. We changed both of them for a grand total of about 1 dollar.

My cover got damaged over the winter as did the windshield...I'm hoping that's minor....the weight of the snow and melting ice pulled the windhield in a bit, I've managed to push it out some, not sure if it's enough yet....oh well I'll tinker with it and see what happens.

Mo, if the windshield is badly damaged let me know. I have one I took off my old Starcraft that might fit your boat. It is just sitting behind my shop here at work so if you want it, you can have it. I will try and dig some pics up of it and take some measurements if you need one.

Hey all, back from BPS and I got most of what I needed. I did get the O rings as well as new screws, along with anchor, rope, dock rope new winch roll, two bases for the seats...still need seats and posts but they'll come in time. I want to thank Cory again for giving me the Bass pro certificates that he got in the Auction for Tyler....they were a big help!

Steve Paul, thanks for the offer...right now the windshield itself isn't damaged but the middle has come out of the frame....nor sure how big a problem that is...I'll take a couple of pictures of it tomorrow and some measurements. I was thinking of taking the top of the frame off to get the windshield back in but can't figure out how to do it without breaking it.

As for the oil change on the Sportage, I explained what happened and they are giving me a free oil change, but since that one was supposed to be free I'm still out the oil I had to put in and the day stuck at home....not sure if I should call the manager or not...it was just one of the guys that worked there that I spoke with this morning. I'm just glad Steve was able to fix it for me.

Maureen

Edited by motv8tr

Don't think we've ever met but I have had my fair share of encounters with poor service in the automotive department. I took my truck to CT to get a plug put in my tire when I ran over a roofing nail. They had their "Trainee" do it. 3 days later I went back because it was leaking worse on the bead. All in all, I took it back 4 times and it is still leaking, I just gave up. And oil changes, when I can change my oil in a Wal-mart parking lot, there is no reason why they can't change oil on a lift or a pull through station. I'm interested to hear what they say. Luckily you noticed and caught it early, hopefully there is no damage done.

Moe, I'm with Wayne on this one, push it with the manager and make sure everything is doccumented. Might not do you any good if there is serious engine damage, their defence would be you should have pulled over and stopped as soon as the light came on but because you continued to drive, you are responsible for the damage.