Early season carping....

ccmtcanada

We've been out a few times since Saturday looking for carp. Although they are not there in great numbers yet, we have noticed increased activity as the waters warm. We went out on Sunday night, and Bly was the only one to hook into a fish. With the colder water temps, we've found they fight for about 30 seconds pretty fierce...and then they come in pretty easy after that. Anyhow, here's the Sunday fish....

apr20carole.jpg

We didn't head out on Monday or Tuesday as Bly was feeling pretty sick, but today she felt good enough to venture out again. The activity was increased, seeing carp jumping right out of the water and actually seeing them swimming around. Tonight we each got into one...no monsters as of yet, but fair sized carp.

apr23cliff.jpg

apr23carole.jpg

For those who are interested, we use ground bait and feeders....leaders with hair rigs. We've never had a lot of luck using corn, so we use boilies on the rigs.

We're hoping to get out in the boat this weekend, but we'll have to wait and see. Until then, we'll keep up with our shore fishing!

Congrats to the both of you. Sure sign of spring I'd say. Was out around the Brantford area last weekend and they'd replaced the crappies. Buggers were throwing themselves clear out of the water while my float drifted around.

Great Catch!

Methinks I may have to wet a line there in the very near future. I've got 10lbs of boilies just waiting to be used and a new carp rod waiting to be Christened. Trout opener coming up and carp swimming about...I'm getting over stimulated. My Mikey senses are tingling!

Victor's nightly ritual of hitting the refresh button begins!

After viewing your pics, I just put away my trout rods & panfish rods . . . and am in the process of dustin' off my pod, buzzers and carp rods. About all I gotta go get now is some breadcrumbs, and maize, as I had about 150 pounds of other groundbaits left from last year, the bucket of coarse birdseed leaked, and got a bit mouldy . . . but I doubt that'll bother the carp. Gonna have to use a 5 pound hammer to break up the dry molasses, it's rock hard! Should be good to hit Port Perry next Saturday, Scugog warms pretty quick! Anybody know when pickerel opens in Scugog this year? YEEEEHAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Least you're geting the bigger fish. I'm still waiting. The usual GTA spot was empty this morning. Last I was wout there one guy saw me catch a carp and wanted it. I shouldn't have given it to him. Then he said he was going to feed it to his dog.

I think ht must have fished it all out cause I never gotten a single hit. :wallbash:

Time to try next location.

Nice going!!!

dsn