Two thumbs up for....

North York is hosting an International Hockey Tournament for the developmentally challenged, and Don attended the opening ceremonies.

Of course, he was the hit of the party and he stayed after and must have signed hundreds of autographs. Each one with the same high level of energy and enthusiasm. It was a beautiful thing to witness.

Some of todays 'stars' could sure take a lesson from this caring Canadian!

:thumbsup_anim:

Cherry was at a Oshawa Generals game when my sons team was one of the teams on the ice between intermissions for the TIMBITS hockey thing. After the game one of the kids spotted Cherry just walking around. Our kids just swarmed him. It was totally unrehearsed. He talked to every kid and gave them all autographs. And I think he enjoyed it just as much as the kids did. Class Act all the way.

Good Kingston boy like the boys from the Tragically Hip. If you've never seen it, here is a link to Cherry acting as a chickenman with the Trailer Park Boys in the video for "The Darkest One". Watch how easily he nearly knocks Ricky off balance while pushing Julian & Bubs with the other arm.

Well respected and very well liked down here in the states as well. Im only a boat ride across the niagara river before im in canada, but still..........the man is a legend and i dont know of anyone who ever said they didnt like the guy. Straight shooter for sure........and a wonderful canadian spokesperson.