moira flood!!

Well soon i wont have to worry about launching the boat!!!! ill be able to drive off trailer!!!

Here's some pics of how bad it is this year......... Radio today was saying theres a flood watch for my road :(

God dont let my fishing season start in the basement :(

1.jpg

Edited by MoiraRiverMan

The Rain is going to be a issue and warm weather to follow early next week isnt the best either!!!

Normal............. well

i have seen it a bit higher one year..........but there was no warnings in effect.

it that year it also took twice the time for it to reach these levels............. this has gone up a foot to two feet per day!!!

im only about 3 feet or less and it will be pouring in the basement...........

So with my high tech calculations lol

if it continues to go as it has for 2 more days ................guess what.............

i will be fishing in the comfort on my own basement :)

not agaist the law to drink and drive your couch is it ??????

Edited by MoriaRiverMan

The Rain is going to be a issue and warm weather to follow early next week isnt the best either!!!

Normal............. well

i have seen it a bit higher one year..........but there was no warnings in effect.

it that year it also took twice the time for it to reach these levels............. this has gone up a foot to two feet per day!!!

im only about 3 feet or less and it will be pouring in the basement...........

So with my high tech calculations lol

if it continues to go as it has for 2 more days ................guess what.............

i will be fishing in the comfort on my own basement :)

not agaist the law to drive and drive your couch is it ??????

I call shotgun!!

G

Damn, hope your ok, only 3 feet to go not much to work with. Get the sand bags out. I don't know if they even work, but they do in the movies. :lol: Maybe call the fire station or police and see if they can help some how before it's too late ?

3 feet verticle

actually when i was just out........its more like a foot and half :(

sand bags wont help ...........

i just hope i dont wake up to a poop show in the morning ............

im the lowest house to top things off........both neighbours are in much better shape so far...

might have to get on the phone in the morning if it continues to rise at this rate...........will got out tonight before i goto bed and check new stick i put up.

Well man THAT sucks....no two ways about it. They have been getting flooded along their as long as i can remember, Foxboro gets pretty wet too. I don't know whose bright idea it was to let them develop the flood plain, but that guy should be strapped to one of the trees in your backyard and see if might be able to come up with a few reasons why it was a bad idea.

That's why belleville has all the dams in it to begin with....they built half the city on the river's flood plain....my elementry school was built one flood plain....you want to talk about a school full of wet, stinking kids in the spring lol

I hope everything works out. Keep us posted.

-R-

Still time to rush to CTC.. get a submersable and throw it in the sump hole to keep up. Hopefully it doesn't rise much further... but I wouldn't be depending on one sump pump.

Good sense of humour thru it all though.. movin all that stuff to the basement. You do have flood coverage on your insurance.. correct. Been an option for some time...

Ill bring home some more pumps in morning after getting coffee :)

First picture that comes to my mind is me and family sitting here watching tv and fishing through holes in living room floor :) be just like ice fishing............but have tv and nice couch to relax on :)

ok almost ticked myself................. wife thinks im strange to :)

insurance...............should be on there .............shhhhhhhhhhhh gota call in morning ..............already told wife its covered .................

wife didnt find it funny when i asked her if i could tie her to the couch in the basement tonight either :(

told her i was just feeling frisky :)

Edited by MoiraRiverMan

Your local consevation authority should have sandbags if you need them, and the municipality should supply you with sand to fill them. I'd be making some calls in the morning. We're gonna get some substantial rain in the next few days. If they keep holding back water, your screwed. I'm not sure who controls the dams there......C.A or Trent severn?

One sump pump isn't gonna do squat. I'd go get another one for sure. That's a pretty big risk to be taking. I just had mine quit yesterday, and in a matter of hours I had about an inch of water in half of my basement. I had a spare, but it doesn't help me if I'm not here to turn it on. I've been looking at the 12V back ups, but they don't fit the budget right now.....:(

If I was in that situation, I wouldn't be able to sleep tonight!!!

Sinker

Got some pumps in truck right now.......:)

went up alot over night :(

For now im just keeping a eye on it ........... not a whole lot really can be done.

she floods..............she floods..............it is what it is :)

garage is just starting to flood ......... have to shift some stuff around tonight when i get home.

I hear ya!!

A week ago Tuesday when the melt started, my sump pump was coming on every 2.5 min, went out and bought another pump and a generator.

I have not needed either yet but it sure is comforting to know I'll be .... ok.

Entropy