Kudos to All-Americanoutdoors.com

Hello All,

So many rants about bad service these days, I thought I'd tip my hat to all-americanoutdoors.com.

Thanks to a thread by Gerritt a few weeks ago, I decided to check out the reels for sale on this site. Huge selection from every major manufacturer.

Ordered two Quantum Accurist PT's - $100 each. The thing I loved about ordering from here is, the price you see for postage on the box when it arrives, is the exact price you pay for shipping. They do charge an additional $2 for shipping/handling.

So, the final tally's:

2 Quantum Accurist PT's - $200.00

Handling Surcharge - $2.00

Shipping - $8.26

Total - $210.26 (U.S.)

No duty, no brokerage fees, no taxes. And it arrived at my door in 14 days. Respond to emails within an hour (at least with me), and the box was extremely well packed. I even paid through Paypal...

Well, off to order some spinning reels now... :clapping:

Thanks for bringing this company to the board's attention, Gerritt... :thumbsup_anim:

Good Fishing,

Justin

I'll agree here as well. I ordered a Stradic after seeing Gerritts post and it went through just fine. Got in a couple weeks (maybe less) and shipping was just fine (any site that uses us postal is great for cross border shipping). They did however mark the customs slip as being undervalued (a common ebay trick) which is great for the fees but technically illegal I suppose (not that I'm going to complain).

Now I just need an excuse to use the damn thing - come on walleye opener!

Ive ordered a few times from them and have had nothing but good happen. They shipped quickly and it was well packed and exactly what I ordered. Its a good company to deal with no matter which side of the border you are on.

Art

Hey guys I am glad that they delivered as promised.. I have not been let down by these folks yet! and their price is their price no haggling.. just the best price possible... (PS.. they also have the rebate...)

These guys would rather move a TON of inventory @ say 5 points.. then say a few @ 15 points.... Great Business Model! They are fair and pull no punches.. Just read their FAQ...

I am glad you were well taken care of Justin and TBayBoy...More will follow I am sure... :)

They are good folks with awesome prices... I hope they have made repeat customers of you... I know they have for me! Who else has the Stradic FI @ 129.00?? NOONE! LOL

Always good to share positive experiences with folks... (see I am not always negative LOL)

Blake, Nothing personal against you, I need to stress this, I think you actually a great asset for the place in which you are employed......... and I do not want to rehash old topics..

But.....

your guys have been let known in the past that the pricing was out of line, and you failed to secure the sale by not even coming close.. so why would I call you now? When just down the 401 for example was leaps and bounds cheaper with great service to boot?

Many are not as vocal as me.. how many sales have been lost by those that dont speak up? but see that a shop in Woodstock is 200.00 cheaper on a Fishfinder? or a guy that wants 4 Stradic FI's is going to save 60.00 Per reel by ordering from the above link?

Or a couple young adults on the Mountain are 40.00 Less per reel on a line counter..

I am giving 3 separate examples.. on where FW was out of line in pricing... It cannot just be me.. It cannot be Gerritt's Pricing..

If I am shown great service and good pricing I will tell everyone about it... but if I feel I am being given the run around I will also tell people about that.. That is just how business works

The competitor mentioned above www.all-americanoutdoors.com surpassed my expectations, both in price and service so I plugged it... not because I get paid to do so.. but because other fishermen deserve to know where to be treated fairly.

Glad to see you guys were treated well and paid a fair price!

Fish On!

G

Edited by Gerritt

They did however mark the customs slip as being undervalued (a common ebay trick)

This might be a "trick" that a casual home based ebay seller can use and get away with. But don't be surprised if your order shows up demanding a bunch more cash than you have bargained for. Cabelas, Bass Pro, and other big retailers couldn't, and wouldn't even try to get away with this. Simply put, they are not telling the truth to avoid paying taxes and duties, and you, the customer are the beneficiary of this. You, the customer have done nothing wrong. The company is not playing by the rules. It's just a matter of time before they are questioned and the deals won't be so good anymore. So act fast!!

I'm just going by what TBayboy said Gerritt. His order declaration was undervalued to avoid paying taxes and duties. Being a regular Ebay customer, I see this used often as well. And I'm happy to see it because it benefits me. I'll give you a good example of the real charges from Cabelas. Last night I ordered a rod with a base value of $149.00. Cost to my door was $220.00. I changed the shipping address to a general store in Minnesota, just down the road from me. A half hour drive. The price went down to $172.00. Surely worth the pleasant drive to pick it up myself and pay GST on the purchase at the border. I'm sure that you see where I'm coming from now. They can't possibly sell you a $100.00 reel for a real cheap starting price, and absorb the legitimate taxes, duties and shipping charges themselves. All the power to them if they can.

I'm just going by what TBayboy said Gerritt. His order declaration was undervalued to avoid paying taxes and duties. Being a regular Ebay customer, I see this used often as well. And I'm happy to see it because it benefits me. I'll give you a good example of the real charges from Cabelas. Last night I ordered a rod with a base value of $149.00. Cost to my door was $220.00. I changed the shipping address to a general store in Minnesota, just down the road from me. A half hour drive. The price went down to $172.00. Surely worth the pleasant drive to pick it up myself and pay GST on the purchase at the border. I'm sure that you see where I'm coming from now. They can't possibly sell you a $100.00 reel for a real cheap starting price, and absorb the legitimate taxes, duties and shipping charges themselves. All the power to them if they can.

Dan, I understand what you are saying... Sure they are cheaper, but they move a TON of volume... probably less then 5% is bound for Canada... If they had of shipped via UPS, FEDEX or DHL... I am sure we would be talking about being raped by the brokerage fees...

But they are shipping USPS...

USPS has no interest in acting as your broker... nor do they want too... Where as UPS would prefer to rape you ( I think this is where they make major $$$) in Brokerage fees.... they have their own clearing house.. I think UPS stops shipments just for the opportunity to act as your broker...

I have had numerous shipments sent via USPS... and only once did I have to pay duty... 1 in 50 shipments... pretty good odds.

Ship via UPS... 49 in 50 will be stopped...

How does Cabelas ship?? I have never ordered from them.. I have always bought locally till I wised up....

G

Just filled in my rebate forms for the PT reels...

So, the deal is even sweeter than I first reported.... :clapping:

$30 off for each reel I purchased...

So, the total cost of 2 Accurist PT's delivered to my door (without me putting a dime in the gas tank for a retail experience):

$150.26

Can't beat that!

Thanks again, Gerritt.

Good Fishing,

Justin

Armed with that knowledge Gerritt, you could be the CEO of Cabelas. Cuz apparently nobody that works there knows this. Think of the money they'd make if they could sell their products to Canada for 30% less than they do now??

Hope to see you in August Bud. Maybe I'll get you to bring me up a cheap reel. :whistling:

Also, thanks for the message Blake. Wasn't at the Fishing Show, and sadly, I don't live anywhere near Fishing World...but if I had of been around and you could of beat my price, I know who I'd be giving my money to...

Call me frugal when it comes to my purchasing power. But finding the best deal is pretty much my motto nowadays... ;)

Good Fishing,

Justin

Armed with that knowledge Gerritt, you could be the CEO of Cabelas. Cuz apparently nobody that works there knows this. Think of the money they'd make if they could sell their products to Canada for 30% less than they do now??

Hope to see you in August Bud. Maybe I'll get you to bring me up a cheap reel. :whistling:

Dan, Maybe you missed my question... How does Cabela's ship? I ask because I have no idea.... Please be gentle LOL... I just know my experiances in dealing with items shipped via USPS... not Cabela's directly...

CEO does sound like a good title though... Better then manager for sure!

Justin, Glad I could help.... knowledge is a powerful thing...

G

Edited by Gerritt

Just filled in my rebate forms for the PT reels...

So, the deal is even sweeter than I first reported.... :clapping:

$30 off for each reel I purchased...

So, the total cost of 2 Accurist PT's delivered to my door (without me putting a dime in the gas tank for a retail experience):

$150.26

Can't beat that!

Thanks again, Gerritt.

Good Fishing,

Justin

So on paper, they sold you the reels for about $50.00 each, charged you the legitimate amount of duties and taxes to equal your full paid price, and now you're entitled to a rebate for something that you never paid in the first place. Nice.

Hey Dan,

Not sure how it works, but all of the online stores are offering the rebates. BPS is giving them out also, but their reels are $20 more to purchase.

All-amercianoutdoors.com actually has a retail store (located in Texas). I could walk in, pick up the reel for $100 (plus applicable taxes) and also get the rebate.

The rebate forms are mailed to Quantum directly. They are the folk's that send you a rebate check. To be honest, the All-americanoutdoors.com site makes no mention of rebates for the Quantum reels - I printed the forms directly off the Quantum website as I knew they were offering them to customers.

However it works, yes, I'm paying $75 per reel after all is said and done. Bottom line. I ain't going to argue, that's for sure...

Whichever way you look at it, for once, I am happy to deal with a retailer that charges me the exact shipping costs that they pay. Have ordered far too many things in the past, that state $4.80 on the box, yet they charge me $14.75....(just for illustrative purposes) lol

Good Fishing,

Justin

Edited by JustinHoffman

MAil order might be good for some, however nothing beats a parking lot lesson in how to use your new tackle as happened to me at Fishing World in Hamilton.

Albert, and no doubt you PAID for that lesson... what did you purchase and what was the price?

is being shown how to flip the bail on a Stradic worth 60.00 to you? Is being shown how to turn on your fishfinder worth 200.00? is being shown how to reset your line counter worth 40.00?

where does it end..

Albert I am a fair person.. we have talked on the phone... but I will not give my loyalty to a company, whose loyalty to me ends when I walk out the door... I also have a card to get 10% off from FW But I dont feel I should have to mention my discount to get the best price.. I just wanted a fair price... And I have dealt there for years... and got fed up..with being ripped off...

I am sorry... just the way I feel..

You still not available until after April???

G

Just a quick note, guys....

This thread was meant to highlight what I felt was excellent pricing and service from a new online retailer (well, new to me at least.)

I didn't want this to turn into a Fishing World rant. That was certainly not my intention. Blake is a good buddy of mine and a fellow Pro Staffer. I can't comment on the store he works at, because quite frankly, I live five hours away...

Let's not turn this into a thread that needs to be locked down.

Gerritt - we know your strong feeling towards FW. Let's try not to get into that all again - at least not on a thread that has nothing to do with that retailer in the first place..

If people want to check out this new store - good for them. If they choose to shop at their locals, again, their right and I say go for it.

Good Fishing,

Justin

Edited by JustinHoffman