Bryan McCabe

Stoty

Sorry guys, but I can't relate. I lost all interest in hockey after the strike. After 40+ years of watching NHL, I have little interest in it now. The strike, and the fact that I try to be a leafs fan has taken me over the edge. Someone let me know who wins the cup this year.

well if Montreal and Ottawa fans spent as much time cheering there team on as they do bashing the Leafs.....they might actually be as dedicated a fan base as Leaf fans are! The rivalry to me between these teams is not on the ice its in the stands! Brutal how bad you fans are towards the Leafs. Come West team in the cup....lets kick some butt!!

Funny though, whenever McMoron does drop the gloves, it always with a guy much smaller than him.

Stoty you just proved yourself wrong when you said he got his *** kicked by chara. He did but he dropped the gloves with someone much bigger than him and I am sure you wouldnt drop the gloves with him so give him credit for that. I dont understand why everyone is bashing McCabe for getting into a fight with someone and winning.

OH I ALMOST FORGOT!!

Stoty and all other Leaf Haters take a look at these

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJinU_xyt6E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_3SQBD0OWw...feature=related

Edited by bassmaster4

He is the best d-man in the league.

Sundin is the best captain.

Toskala is the best goalie.

Maurice is the best coach.

:rolleyes:

Put them all together and you have the best pile of garbage the NHL has seen in years...

I am so tired of the excuses....

McCabe - nice +/- buddy - if you had any self respect, you would let the leafs off the hook on your contract, seeing as we couldn't give you away to a Junior B team, the way you have been playing since you got your $$$$.

Maurice- Nice guy but I mean really in 13 seasons histeams have missed the play offs 10 times. Nice guys finish last.

Matts - Nothing bad to say here, good player, good leader, gotta like those extra long summers, seeing as your team hasn't made the post season 3 years running.

Toskala - Finally got a reasonable goalie, that isn't geting ready to collect CPP, nice aquisiton JFJ, only useful thing that you have done here since arriving 5 years ago, only thing I can't figue out is, why did it take so long to kick the bumb to the curb in the first place.

And Yes I am a huge leaf fan, just tired of the garbage they keep putting on the ice. This off season they will probably sign extentions for McCabe, Sundin, Blake etc., even though these guys contracts (except Sundin) are not up.

Then they will trade Nick Antropov, Steen, Stajen, Moore and any other 1/2 way talented player so they can buy some more have beens and never weres.

He is the best d-man in the league.

Sundin is the best captain.

Toskala is the best goalie.

Maurice is the best coach.

:rolleyes:

Yea sure, whatever you say. The Leafs pulled another Moronic move by putting themselves out of the number one draft picks by actually playng good when they shouldnt of.

Stoty you just proved yourself wrong when you said he got his *** kicked by chara. He did but he dropped the gloves with someone much bigger than him and I am sure you wouldnt drop the gloves with him so give him credit for that. I dont understand why everyone is bashing McCabe for getting into a fight with someone and winning.

OH I ALMOST FORGOT!!

Stoty and all other Leaf Haters take a look at these

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJinU_xyt6E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_3SQBD0OWw...feature=related

Ya real good examples you picked there. The first one McCabe slashes the guy again to start the fight, then he slashes the guy in the head and shoulder right before the fight starts....the second one McCabe barely wins....and the third he winds up punching a guy in the back of the head who's already fallen to the ice. What a winner!

Hey hes Montreal's Brisebois (AKA Broken-wood) but at least he stands up and fights. On a better note. Why did mtl put Kovalev as the Captain. That was stupid. Hes got no grit, especially if they make it against a Western Team. They wont even get past their own league.

Sorry bud - not liking McCrap has nothing to do with being a leaf hater... My first memory as a kid was watching a leafs game and I've bled blue and white since. I can't stand McCabe... But it isn't his fault that we all hate him - he's at best a career #4D... and this year no better than a 5/6. He was given a #1 contract. That's Ferguson's fault. If McCrap was getting 2mil a year playing where he should be, no one here would care that he's terrible...

Mccabesucks.com pretty much sums up leaf nation's view of the arguably one of the worst contracts the leafs ever signed...

Hey hes Montreal's Brisebois (AKA Broken-wood) but at least he stands up and fights. On a better note. Why did mtl put Kovalev as the Captain. That was stupid. Hes got no grit, especially if they make it against a Western Team. They wont even get past their own league.

If Kovalev plays lights out, the cups coming to Montreal... Giving him the C might do the trick.

what i really dont understand about this is why is there such a big arguement about a team who didnt make the playoffs all eyes should be on the teams like the Habs and Sens but instead people seem to still want to bash the Leafs. Why? I dont know :dunno: There is fights happening in the NHL everyday started by slashing or mouthing off or w/e and no one cares but when a Leaf player starts one the world ends.

Edited by bassmaster4

what i really dont understand about this is why is there such a big arguement about a team who didnt make the playoffs all eyes should be on the teams like the Habs and Sens but instead people seem to still want to bash the Leafs. Why? I dont know :dunno:

For me...

I am not a Habs fan or a Sens fan, I would rather se Pittsburg go to the final from the East.

Stoty your comment "well there arent many more than 50 in the league, lol" shows your math skills are only equalled by your hockey insight. There are thirty teams, that gives every team less than two..... hmmm??? Don't most teams have three pairs of defensemen?? Don't get me wrong I'm not saying he's Bobby Orr or Ray Bourque. Heck I'm not even saying he's as good as Kaberle (IMO the best Leaf defensemen and one of the best Leafs overall). What I am saying is that there are only approx. 500 guys in the whole world that are good enough to consistently play in the NHL and appox. 150 or so are defensemen . Now count how many of them have played for the last 13 years. How many have over 400 points in the league? The group gets smaller. Now what defensemen have finished the three years previous to this with at least 53,68 and 57 points (many on the PP). The list gets smaller again. Give the guy some credit. I met a guy (friend of a friend) that plays AHL with the same dream as all AHL'ers, to be an NHL'er. For years this guy has been at the rink before and after everyone else all so he could make it. Well he finally did, for one game so far. He's one of the few people in the world that can actually say that when he walks in a room. I'm curious what you'd all have to say about him???

Edited by kennyman

He did but he dropped the gloves with someone much bigger than him

HAHAHAHHAHA

He didnt want to drop the gloves.....Chara did, and started pounding on him.

The he had no choice considering Chara already had him in the air basically.

Give me $5 million, and I would drop the gloves with anyone!

And I sure as heck wouldnt slash a rookie in his first game, once the horn went.

Nor would I score on my own net in OT. Nor would I run into my own net.

Nor would I kick my feet like a little baby if I broke my pinky! :lol:

You obviously dont know hockey. I guess you haven't played competitively before, or else you would know the type of player McMoron is.

Waste of time, money and equipment!

what i really dont understand about this is why is there such a big arguement about a team who didnt make the playoffs all eyes should be on the teams like the Habs and Sens but instead people seem to still want to bash the Leafs. Why? I dont know :dunno: There is fights happening in the NHL everyday started by slashing or mouthing off or w/e and no one cares but when a Leaf player starts one the world ends.

Now I haven't gone back and re-read this thread, but I don't think anyone bashed the leafs, its more of a McCabe bash. As for why were talkinga bout this...slow night?? Nothing on TV?? :dunno:

Stoty your comment "well there arent many more than 50 in the league, lol" shows your math skills are only equalled by your hockey insight. There are thirty teams, that gives every team less than two..... hmmm??? Don't most teams have three pairs of defensemen?? Don't get me wrong I'm not saying he's Bobby Orr or Ray Bourque. Heck I'm not even saying he's as good as Kaberle (IMO the best Leaf defensemen and one of the best Leafs overall). What I am saying is that there are only approx. 500 guys in the whole world that are good enough to consistently play in the NHL and appox. 120 are defensemen. Now count how many of them have played for the last 13 years. How many have over 400 points in the league? The group gets smaller. Now what defensemen have finished the three years previous to this with at least 53,68 and 57 points (many on the PP). The list gets smaller again. Give the guy some credit. I met a guy (friend of a friend) that plays AHL with the same dream as all AHL'ers, to be an NHL'er. For years this guy has been at the rink before and after everyone else all so he could make it. Well he finally did, for one game so far. He's one of the few people in the world that can actually say that when he walks in a room. I'm curious what you'd all have to say about him???

Very good point Bud!

Ive been reading and following this post with interest but decided to keep my mouth shut as Im more then an avid leafs fan.

Aint saying anything about the NoTrade Clauses either.nor the wages they recieve.

Nor McCabe's lack of fighting abilities.

But you made a decent point Bud!

I was around and watched their last 3 stanley cup wins........

Still waiting and still a fan...........

Til death do us part...........Most likely mine.

bNb

shows your math skills are only equalled by your hockey insight

Apparently that shows that your common sense skills arent up to par. Its a little thing called "sarcasm".

As for my hockey insight...lol...i think I can hold my own.

Wow, you really love McMoron eh. Look at those stats you pulled from a McCabe Fan Club page or something.

That about shows how good your hockey insight is, if you think he is even in the top 20 defenseman in the league.

Apparently that shows that your common sense skills arent up to par. Its a little thing called "sarcasm".

As for my hockey insight...lol...i think I can hold my own.

Wow, you really love McMoron eh. Look at those stats you pulled from a McCabe Fan Club page or something.

That about shows how good your hockey insight is, if you think he is even in the top 20 defenseman in the league.

Its ok, the list was upside down!!! lol He meant the bottom 20!!! :whistling:

well,after re-reading this post numerous times it amazes me that with all the numbers thrown around that no one actually looked up the stats.From the NHLPA website not some fan website here they are for any interested.

Drafted 2rd,40th overall.

This year finished 10th on the leaf team for scoring.

This year finished tied in 68th spot for denfensemen.

Now to the interesting part,career.These stats are for all active NHL players again taken from the NHLPA website and not some fan site.

Ranked 99th overall among ALL active skaters(Sundin is 5th)

Ranked 19th or 20th among All active defensemen.

The point for this is according to definition and not opinion makes him a top 20 defensemen at least point wise over his career.Do I like him as player? No. Do I think he is overpaid? Yes. I just think before some get into diagreements with others and insults start that maybe facts and stats should be looked at first.Sure he does some pretty lame things on the ice but show me a player who has not in his career.This is coming from a Leaf fan who does not even like McCabe but I at least got my facts straight first.My opinion?He screwed us at the deadline and should be traded for cheaper,younger talent with a no trade clause(if possible).There is my rant now everyone go fish,lol.

By no means am I saying he had a good year.I am sure most of the Leafs would rather forget this one,lol.It just bugs me when I see arguements/insults with no facts used.Career wise by his stats he is not as bad as some would say.10th place on this team(23 points in 53 games)was quite an accomplishment for sure,lol.