gulp alive minnow and leaches

Handlebarz

I was just wondering what you thought were with the gulp alive line of products?

I was thinking of getting a pint of minnows and leaches for my may 24 trip and if anyone knows how many do ya get in a pint? I asked a local store and they had no clue.

I've used quite a few gulp products and like them. As I understand it the pails are meant to be used to "re-charge" the bait after some use. The stuff in the the zip-top bags is not supposed to be put back in the bag after use. I plan on getting a pail or two before walleye season.

I was also thinking about getting some gulp leeches, but at $20+ per bucket, I hope they are worth it!!

Too bad they didnt make smaller "buckets".

Ya, the $20 pail is the small one. The other size I've seen is twice as big for $30-$40 depending on where it is. CT has the small pails as would most quality tackle stores. I haven't seen the small pails for any less then about $19.99.

The small zip bags might be a better choice as someone experiments with the different types of gulp baits.

I had to order the minnows in from the states and I still couldn't get leeches. You get about 50 in a bucket so it's alot cheaper than buying them by the bag. I like the liquid, the biggest complaint I had with gulp was drying out and not lasting very long after you open the bag, the bucket solves those issues. However the buckets tend to leak, I heard they were going to address this issue but I don't know if they have yet.

one thing I did here from some others is tat they seem to last one guy sais he get 2 pickeral on most minnows and has even gotten 5 on one of them I had forgotten to ask how many were in from them so now I know around 50 thanks.

I have been looking for them in the states and they are still $19.99 so our local shops are doing good on this one for us as they are also $19.99 thats always a surprise and nice to see.

I have used the gulp bags before and like it but want to give this a try thanks for the help and hope some more people give there opinion on this.

I have heard of a lot of success with the minnows. As for me, last time on the ice I had the alive minnows on for a few hours and caught one perch. Decided to switch to live minnows and caught 7 perch and a pike in a half hour. All depends on the lake I think!

i've purchased a pint bucket of the shrimp (from florida) for my trip to asia. they come in 2 sizes; a pint bucket contains 54 pcs. costs about $19.99-$24.00, a quart bucket contains 108 pcs. and costs around $38.00-$44.00.

hope this helps.

Edited by bravo_3

I have both the minnows and the leeches. Never caught anything on the minnows yet but I have not tried much and I have not used the leeches. The leeches I have high hopes for on a few lakes I frequent during the summer.

As for leaking containers, I have had a terrible time with this. The containers are brutal. I switched to a thermos (that never leaked before) and it still leaked, everywhere. I went to Walmart and bought a leak resistant container, yup, leaked. Not sure what is in the stuff but keep the containers upright, the liquid makes a hell of a mess.....And it does smel ofter it has soaked into your tackle box....

Sherriff