MNR is looking for volunteers.

Ron

Hey guys,

Long time no post. Been a very busy Winter with lots of issues. (I only wished fishing was one of the issues.)

Anyhow's I just received this "flyer" from the MNR and was asked to spread the information. This has to do with doing counts of spawning walleye in various areas through out the new FMZ 17. For this year, they have selected 4 areas and are open to other spawning areas if there is interest and enough volunteers to cover it.

The meeting will be held in Peterborough, Tuesday, April 1.

Here is the flyer for anyone interested in putting something back into the Fisherie. Sorry, you need a PDF reader to view it, I haven't had time to convert it to MS word.

http://www.muskiescanada.ca/articles/FMZ17...ic%20notice.pdf

Cheers, Ron...

PS: The tentative date for the Cobourg Creek Fish lift is slated for April 12. Once again we will be looking for volunteers. This is for the Rainbow trout and is a great hands on experience!

The initial meeting will be held in Peterborough but the locations for this project will be through out zone 17. I don't have all the locations but if you were to call

Andrew Lowles at: (705) 748-6324 ext 253 or

Dan Taillon at: (705) 755-3302.

They would be more than happy to give you more background information on this project.