Auto Rust Proofing (nf)

bob123

just bought a new honda civic

i have always rustproofed my vehicle with Krown

honda will not honor all the warranty if we oil spray our car

so we purchased a 12 volt cathodic rust contoller from honda.

i know they work on pipelines/marine etc but on automobiles??

anyone have one of these puppies and how have they performed??

c-tire also sell them .

juan morkast

yes they supposedly work,but if you regualily was the belly of your car quite often at those coin spray's carwash it will keep the salt off just as good,just spray it down 2 times or more a week in the winter and it helps alot ,most people neglect the underside of their cars ,and the wheel wells and thats where most of the salt will do its damage,thats what an autobody guy told me,my car is almost 10yrs old and very little rust on her belly

I'm a Krown guy. Have been for years. I'm always driving older vehicles so I believe it really makes the body of the car last. They are the only ones who drill holes so they can get to all inside areas of your body. If you want it to last, start Krown as soon as your warranty allows.

Been fixing cars for a long time..It has been my experience that some types of undercoating can be worse than not applying. Some types will get dry and harden and will seal moisture between it and the body surface. However the undercoating that stays thin like krown does is definitly/positively well worth the yearly application. last week we had a 03 chev pickup in to replace rusted out brake lines to the rear. Incredible!. :blink: This would have been prevented with krown or rust check. By the way-I dont undercoat in my shop---Way too messy. :D

By the way--Those electronic devices do work .

Edited by Nipissing

• 3 years later...