TORONTO PIKE- Lunch date today

snag

thats a solid 8-10 pounder

I have no reason to Bull on weight (except my own!)

8-10 is a joke.

As usual, the pic isn't great

The pic doesn't show the thickness.

Have a gander at my fingers. The head is out of the shot tilted above my shoulder, almost past my head.

It could be 40" but I didn't measure it. I just don't when I'm solo and the pike swallows a lure.

My scale is on the lipgrip that I begrudgedly had to use to reach it in the water. Otherwise, I knew my line would snap if I tried any leverage on a pike that size.

I've caught a few to know the difference.

The lipgrip is not digital so I gave it a 2 pound allowance for error. Mind you, that could also mean it's over 19 lds... :whistling:

I have caught 5 pike in the GTA weighing 17-19lbs. weighed on a digital scale. I've now caught hundreds JUST in the Toronto area

You don't see me offering too many measurements as I am usually solo.

Honestly, the difference of a 10,15,20 pike is kinda silly to me. I often regret taking the essential time to collect data as opposed to getting that beautiful life form back to the water quickly and safely.

Just so y'all know.

Beats me, that's a beauty.

GBAY?

Edit:

O.K. I'll guess.

This is a joke Steve, Buddy:

I think you MIGHT fit the same amount of 3 smallmouth bass weighing 6lds. each in that pike.

So my guess, looking at a picture but not really seeing it clearly would put that fish in the 13-18lbs. range.

How did i do?

Edited by SNAG

So my guess, looking at a picture but not really seeing it clearly would put that fish in the 13-18lbs. range.

How did i do?

You failed, ya big failie von failstein.. :thumbsup_anim:

That's a honkin fish. That's a big lad too though. I'd say 43in, 22.5lbs.

Look at that cradle hold.. that look of a father holding his newborn.. He loves pike too!

HD

just my opinion, its a beauty fish, i would never take that away from you. i never said anything bad, just that its a solid 8-10 pounder, which I believe it is.

No problemo Steve,

I should also explain my vagueness.

This is the second time I've used a boca with a spring scale.

This was the first fish on my new 30# Boca that i got at BPS last week so I'm leery of it's accuracy.

I trust digital.

I just know what the scale said and the girth of the pike.

It's all good.

Wish you were there.

Look forward to that one day :thumbsup_anim:

The " buckshot" pike is definitly the bigger pike .. i would guess that mr buckshot is about 20 pounds. My biggest pike is 14 pounds and the original post pike doesnt look bigger than that ... just my opinion .. beauty fish .. im jealous !!!! pictures are wierd tho .. i took a pic of a 6 pound whitefish and it ended up looking like it was 20 !!!!

The bottom here is that weighing your fish is an obsolete practice. It serves no purpose. It's hard on the fish and leaves your results open for debate. A quick photo and length measurement is all you need. Who cares how much it weighed on your scale? Field weights are not accurate anyways.

The bottom here is that weighing your fish is an obsolete practice. It serves no purpose. It's hard on the fish and leaves your results open for debate. A quick photo and length measurement is all you need. Who cares how much it weighed on your scale? Field weights are not accurate anyways.

Agreed,

However, If anyone thinks I don't know the difference between a 8-10lbs. fish in my hand and a 17-18lbs. is in serous error.

Guess I'll have to do better! :Gonefishing:

never weighed the buckshot pig just wanted her to live another day.but i would say shes well over 20,the buckshot i think was from spawning.all the blood u see is from my well lacerated fingers,caught a few rakers trying to get her in.going up north soon to moosebunks back yard to try for another pig.watch for the post.

never weighed the buckshot pig just wanted her to live another day.but i would say shes well over 20,the buckshot i think was from spawning.all the blood u see is from my well lacerated fingers,caught a few rakers trying to get her in.going up north soon to moosebunks back yard to try for another pig.watch for the post.

This will help: ontariofishing.net

Fish Weight and Sizing for Dummies

It's approximate but validates what I caught to be in the 16-18lbs. range. Easily.

:rolleyes:

Edit:

This ones good too.

But as pointed out, field weighing could cost you almost 50% of your fish!. :blink:

Fish weight/size chart

We can fish for years,

and still learn something new!

S.

Edited by SNAG

HAHAHA.. that formula really pumps up my ego on my PB 38/39 ! LOL

I figure this, Jenny Craig, one only weighed 5 lbs tops... but if they say it weighs 15.7... well I'm okay with that! :D

LOL Wayne. I've seen Lamprey with more girth than that...