End of season sale

Fisherman

I work in Advertising for CTC.....

Sale start dates vary across the country. It all depends on local newspaper distribution for the flyer as well as what the "norm" is for your area. For instance, if a market has only a Sunday weekly local newspaper, then the sales will normally start on Sunday.

Most of Canada starts the sale on Saturdays....however, MOST stores will have the sale set up and the sale prices active on Friday evening.

I work in Advertising for CTC.....

Sale start dates vary across the country. It all depends on local newspaper distribution for the flyer as well as what the "norm" is for your area. For instance, if a market has only a Sunday weekly local newspaper, then the sales will normally start on Sunday.

Most of Canada starts the sale on Saturdays....however, MOST stores will have the sale set up and the sale prices active on Friday evening.

Well dang, learn something new every day, Thanks for the insight.

Just called the Brock Road store in Pickering, and the guy wasnt very helpful. Said he had no idea whats going on sale, but the flyer for that store starts Saturday morning.

I guess I wont be "late for work" tomorrow afterall. Darn!

Just called the Brock Road store in Pickering, and the guy wasnt very helpful. Said he had no idea whats going on sale, but the flyer for that store starts Saturday morning.

I guess I wont be "late for work" tomorrow afterall. Darn!

I didn't want to say as much but the Brock store is rarely helpful - I avoid it as much as possible.

The details are now on-line. Those looking for a power auger will be delighted to find the Jiffy model on for $263 (78-8328-0). Trick will be to find one in stock somewhere. A couple manual augers, one ice fishing rod and lots of Plano bags - among other items.

Good luck to those hunting for a specific item.

I called again today, hoping to get a different person, which I did, and he was more than helpful.

He said the Brock Road store doesnt have any huts on sale, so if you were planning to go there Saturday morning to get one, dont waste your time.

Auger shows in stock in Midland/Barrie/Orilla and Wasaga Beach as of the 13th.

Toronto stores mostly look like special order... but the Albion Road store shows stock.

Has anybody used this 49cc auger??? The 85cc ones are not on sale.

Edited by irishfield

I called again today, hoping to get a different person, which I did, and he was more than helpful.

He said the Brock Road store doesnt have any huts on sale, so if you were planning to go there Saturday morning to get one, dont waste your time.

Seems the only hut on for 1/2 price right now is the Frabill Trekker 2-Man (78-8092-8) $250.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/browse/product_...fromSearch=true

You'd have to check to see who has one in stock.

A good friend of moine works at the post office and he brings home the CTC flyer on the Monday of every week... 4 days before the sales hit and a good 3 -4 days before they arrive in your mail box. Pretty much up on CTC sales every week!

HH

WELL... if you want a power auger... get out of your chair and off to CTC. Sale may start tomorrow... flyer may not be up in the store and the item may be hidden in the back warehouse.... but the cash register is already programmed for the sale! :thumbsup_anim:

Don't bother with the Midland store... they had one and it now resides in my work shop!

Edited by irishfield

I just know the Midland store never has anything once it goes on sale, so thought I'd be pro-active this time. Guess the other side of the coin is you can buy anything presale and bring it back the next day anyhow on the price guarantee for credit.

Sucker even started 2nd pull ! Unheard of from what I've seen this winter on most Jiffy's from CTC.

I have a pretty darn good inside source, with CTC, if I need it as well...

Edited by irishfield