Best Minivan for towing?

Mako

gotta agree with the astro/safari vans

my father has one that has hauled all his tools and parts for the last almost ten yrs, and almost 700k km on it with no engine or trans problems

the last couple yrs of them had a heavier duty suspension, 6 bolt wheels and 4 wheel disc brakes

Forget aboot the wimpy minivan!

randy_international_cxt_truck.jpg

Get one of these!!! There's enough room you could live in it if need be, and it'll tow a Battleship! :thumbsup_anim:

That thing is a joke.

It's ugly, underpowered, shakes and rattles and is slapped together without continuity.

We used to park at an International dealer and I drove one when the came out. It looks like some guy got a deal on a U-Haul truck, slapped a pick-up truck box on it and headed over to the Flying J for chrome.

It's built for guys that still felt inferior in thier Hummers.

-Brian

I drove a 2001 Ford windstar for work for a couple of years. It was more comfortable than the plymouth vans, but had a lot of mechanical issues as well. tranny went prematurely.

The most comfortable mini van I ever drove was the Pontiac Montana. same as the Venture by Chev.

I have an excellent 2001 GMC Safri SLE All Wheel Drive that I'M SELLING. Let me say that the AWD is 100% worth the extra doe. With good tires, that van will keep up to any 4X4. The reason it`s for sale is because we don't need 3 vehicles. Just a little info...White/ bronze 2- tone, 190 Kms, Fully loaded, leather with buckets all around, Running boards, dutch doors, tinted, tow-haul package. Awesome condition inside and out...6,500...worth every penny.

(705) 786-7646 (Lindsay area)

Edited by bassslinger

this was a great read. I've also got #3 on the way which means I'll be trading in the celica (last shred of manhood) for the minivan option. Towing doesn't concern me one bit because a) my boat is light and B) I never get to use it :wallbash: :wallbash:

From what I've heard, the Honda is a beaut but can the budget accomodate it. May have to get the Caravan (is it the cheapest out there?) and consider it a disposable.

My buddy has one of these ...they're getting more and more popular in North America " the go-anywhere minivan" Indestructible...3/4 ton chassis nothing underneath to hit full undercarriage

shidplate...2.4l mitsubishi turbo diesel 4 wheel posi-trac...unreal for a minivan ... or any other comparable vehicle for that matter.

parts are getting easier to find but are expensive.... must get used to the right hand drive.

Why not buy a station wagon? I've got an older Buick Roadmaster Wagon,but there is a Cprice Wagon and an Olds Custom Cruiser (hard to find) that are basically the same,just different trim levels. They are great,rwd and reliable.If you get an LT1 version they're quick (for a wagon) and get 26mpg. Just an option. Here's a pic of a cool one. Oh yeah, the second one is mine LOL :w00t: .

Roadmaster.jpg

Whats worse than trading the SUV for a mini van ...owning two mini vans :wallbash:

Not so bad really

99 venture , 259,000 km runs ok , except this morning with a puddle of tranny fluid underneath .Good news is it just the tranny cooler.

drove the 06 Honda today :thumbsup_anim:

Picked the Honda to tow the 17 ft lund with 90hp and all the teenagers (3)

Most torque and HP ( I think Toyota has since passed ) of that years crop of mini vans and 4 wheel disc . People some times forget about the stopping part.

It pulls no problem although gas mileage drops ( runs in D3 higher rpm) which is undertandable.

We launch several times a year at Ontarios steepest boat ramp (Pier 69 , Vistoria harbour) with no problems , doesn't even spin a wheel , where I 'v seen a Ford ranger do a very nice burnout :clapping: .

I think for the boat you're puilling any Mini van will do the job , just prefernce I guess

TB