$15,000 Reward For Lost Dog (NF)

Clampet

What d'yall make of that guy in Toronto that got charged with kidnapping that Chocolate Lab Retreiver?

Huckleberry Hound Returned

Monday February 18, 2008 CityNews.ca Staff Whether it was the promise of a lucrative reward or the goodness in the abductor's heart, a stolen dog has been reunited with its joyful owner.

Bert Clark had put up a 15 thousand dollar reward for the Chocolate Lab he called his soulmate. "Huckleberry is my family," Clark said, shortly after the pet went missing from a café on Yonge Street near Roxborough. The loss was "devastating."

Clark can sleep easy now, as his Huckleberry friend is safe at home. And so can the person who returned the beloved pet. As promised, Clark paid up.

http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_19708.aspx

I think it's a REAL sad day when someone needs to be paid to return something that rightfully belongs to someone else. Guess I should have held that dodge ignition key ransom, that I picked up out of the snow today at CTC, instead of handing it to the courtesy desk for free.

Edited by irishfield

The year before I had to put my Lab down he was getting a tad alzheimeristic @ 13 yr old. He swam over to our neighbours island that rents the place out. Dispite the fact that he had a luggage tag on his collar with phone number..island address etc so people would return him when he forgot where he was......They fed him hot dogs...took him in for the night letting him sleep on their kids bed. They even held the dog back in the trees when my wife went by in the boat by calling the dogs name. Second time by she spotted him and asked them WTH. She brought him back and the next day... which was check out morning for the renter... they were 10 feet off the side of our island with hot dogs calling the dog and trying to get him to come to them. Suspect they were going to dognap him. Great for a dog that was on thyroid pills.. to say the least.

Edited by irishfield

Who puts up a $15,000 reward for a dog

I agree. I understand people really love their pets, but a $5000 reward would've gotten you the same result (except you'd have 10,000 more in your account). We had friends who did the same thing. Lost a cat and put up 1000.00 reward posters around. Turned out the cat had gone in their neighbour's house...and the neighbours actually took the reward money!!! A 50.00 reward would've done the job!

First off, most people in Toronto (like me) are spending too much on their mortgage to blow $15k on a reward for their pooch and honestly, if this clown can afford to give it away, I can sure afford to take it.

I might not however take $50 from a lady who lost her cat, but this guy - it would be my pleasure.

Seems there was 2 of the idiots

Two charged in alleged dognapping

The Canadian Press

February 20, 2008 at 9:25 AM EST

TORONTO — Two men face nine charges following the alleged theft of a dog in downtown Toronto on Saturday.

A dog walker had left Huckleberry, a chocolate lab, tied up outside a bakery and returned minutes later to find the canine gone.

Dog owner Bert Clark, a 36-year-old Toronto banker, offered a $15,000 reward for his beloved pet Richard Cassibo returned Huckleberry and got a $10,000 cheque from Clark, who also donated $5,000 to an animal hospital at Cassibo's request.

Police said Wednesday that Mr. Cassibo, who is 54, and 31-year-old Andrew Footit are charged with conspiracy, corruptly taking a reward, fraud and possession of property obtained by crime.

Mr. Cassibo is also charged with public mischief and both suspects are scheduled to appear in court later today.