Nipising Suggestions

Headhunter

Well, Friday morning I'm fortunate enough to be heading up to Bernie's with Gerritt and Corey for a fun filled 4 days on Nip. I don't have any experience fishin Nip and would like some suggestions on what I should be bringing as far as tackle is concerned.

I've re-rigged four rods with fresh mono and am eager to present the right bait. :Gonefishing:

What would you suggest I have available to me? Ie jigs etc...

Thanks,

HH

Well, Friday morning I'm fortunate enough to be heading up to Bernie's with Gerritt and Corey for a fun filled 4 days on Nip. I don't have any experience fishin Nip and would like some suggestions on what I should be bringing as far as tackle is concerned.

I've re-rigged four rods with fresh mono and am eager to present the right bait. :Gonefishing:

Thanks,

HH

Klaus says "USE the swedish pimple them walleyes like the pimples"... I have no idea what that means but I know my buds who go up every year repeat that ad nauseum for weeks before and after they go and they allows get tons of fish.

Thanks,

HH

4 rods Joe? Ok, you can jig for me while I'm inside enjoying refreshments. :whistling:

Dont worry too much about tackle. We will be well equipped.

Thanks Lew! Safety first is always my motto! By the sounds of it, not only will I be fortunate enough to be enjoying the company of some really great folks, I just may catch a fish!

And, based on the menu we have planned, I'll be eatin good as well! And that's not even taking into account a fish fry, if we're lucky!

HH

Was on nosbonsing last week....slow and and incredibly light bite.

We were getting some decent perch on small minnows with tiny black jig heads and pike on dead and live minnows. We could feel the fish and seemed that they were taking minnows and spitting before we could hook up. Not much luck with jigging spoons.

Can't offer much more than that. Good luck.

definitely p/u some buckshot spoons or other rattling baits. nips water is pretty dirty, and sometimes the rattles really call them in. tip with a minnow head, or even better, take of the treble and tie a 2'' dropper to the treble and tip with a whole minnow. that rig has been deadly for me on nipissing. use heavy line for the dropper (i use 25lb flouro), the stiffness keeps it from tangling. jigs with minnows, hook/splitshot with minnows and pimples are good, and this year at rob hyatts, i got a 6lbr on a 1'' long gold williams spoon.

good luck,

darcy