The Vision And The Results. Centre Island Pike Dreaming.

dsn

Got up this morning... Looked at the clock. :blink:

time.jpg

I want to sleeeeep!! My eyes haven't straighten out yet. See-----> :blink:

I was thinking of all the pike out there waiting for me. From what I seen from SNAG'S report. I want to get into some action too. Its been such a long time since anything gave me a good tug. I got dressed, half-asleep and left home.

It was dark out there couldn't see any thing. "Can you?" :unsure: . What if some crazy animal came out from no where and came after me!! Where would I run?

My eyes still haven't straighten out. "Is that the moon?"

1.jpg

Am I headed in the right direction? Should have brought my GPS. Wait!! I see something. I see 3 tall trees trunks to the left reaching into the blue sky and behind it, "looks to be a upper parking stucture behind the trees. And two telephone boths to the right of that bright light. Doesn't look like the ferry docks. Got closer and sure it was. Things sure look weird when your eyes are all messed up from sleeping and trying to adjust in the dark.

2.jpg

Got on the ferry safely no animals hunting me down!! Took a long nap as I listened to my MP3.

Then I slowly woke up and took a look out the window....

3.jpg

Got off the ferry and I started to walk. As I walked along slowly. I started it get out of my sleep stage. The sun started to rise. I looked back at the ferry dock and thought... "All those lights... Kinda cool."

4.jpg

Thought to myself. :rolleyes: "Only if I had one of those. It would save me the trip and I could invite all the OFNer's. If they wantted to fish in morning or at night they could crash here.

6.jpg

As I walked further I noticed this sign directly infront of the fire station.

7.jpg

Hmm I wonder....if a pike was involved.

Then I noticed they fixed this. Took a look into the water..All dead black leaves. No weeds at all. On to the next location.

8.jpg

What a sight!! :w00t: The sun was just beaming. The water was clear only 2 feet out and more black leaves. Only a few green weeds further out. A few casts here and there nothing, next location...

9.jpg

Thought I'd try here too since I had to cross back over. No weeds can been seen anywhere. No follows either. Not even a gobie staring at me. The search continues....

36.jpg

This area didn't look great either no weeds at all and more black leaves. The hunt goes on...

11.jpg

Oops a major tree has fallen. There were alot of trees down everywhere.

13.jpg

Can't seem to figure out what this thing supposed to be. But it looks nice anyways. Oh well journey continues..

14a.jpg

Oh here's the light house. Sure hate to have ran into this place under the cover of darkness.

I'm sure you would too. You'll get chills down your spine.

15.jpg

Since the sun was so bright and the air was so awesome I thought I'd check out the beach.

15a.jpg

Like the scenery so much I took two pics. Might use them as wall papers. :thumbsup_anim:

16a.jpg

Time for the pond. Tossed a few casts just for the fun of it. Cause it didn't look too promising. Next spot...

17.jpg

Further down the pond I saw this... Decided to take a pic of it.

18.jpg

Then my heart broke when I saw this poor baby carp. :o Must have been there least a few weeks. Poor thingy it could have been the next 50Lber for MJL. :unsure:

25.jpg

Finally the next location. My legs were getting tired. Tossed in Supershad raps, Cyclops, bucktails, then an X-Rap!!

24.jpg

THEN BOOM!!

38.jpg

Hey wait. how'd that get in my report? LOL Thats yesterday fishing adventure. :D It wasn't even my fish. LOL

The final location.... Tossed in everything again bucktails, x-raps, zara's, shad raps with and with out leaders. Lures with and without lines attached to them and still no hits. (line snapped)

32.jpg

After all that not even a follow. And the time was around 2:00pm and since the halans point ferry doesn't arrive til 3:15pm. I thought lets fish my way back to wards. Couple casts here and there and I made my way back. and still no follows. So I walked all the way back to Centre Island and fished beside the bridge. And yet still nothing. So I started heading back to wards island. I stopped off and made a few casts in the canals. Nothing. Then I ran into "SNAG and Fidel' they were heading for the same ferry and we compared notes. They had one and that was it.

All in all we agreeded it was a tough day. The green weeds were hard to find and the fish were busy else were.

But it was a great day to get out. The weather was just awesome out there. And the sun made it all worth while.

dsn

Edited by dsn

Nice report dsn. Man you get up early to get out there! I know where I would be at that time of day :sleeping_02:

Snag's report has certainly got all of us T.O anglers itching to get out there at the islands for some winter pike action! :Gonefishing: But your report certainly shows its not as easy as Snag makes it look! :worthy:

Thanks for sharing - fish or no fish - all those pics have got me looking forward to getting out there at the weekend to give it a try too!

You're certainly putting the new camera to good use too!

Hey Man,

The new camera is great.

Fidel and I came to the conclusion that the water clarity was the biggest issue.

I caught a monster-in-training on the way to the car about 1/2 hr. after we parted. I will post a report in the New Year.

See ya!

awsome report! also i heard the best action on the islands is 2 weeks b4 the season closes, is this true?

I'm not sure about that one. I've had better results fishing one other location I know of. Snag might know your answer.

Don't know about the islands but two years ago we went to a small trib in december when it was nice and warm and we got 17 in 2 hours most were around the 30 inch range and a couple over, this year we tried it out again but only got one small one. Not to much luck with pike this year :dunno: