Cooks bay on Saterday

raysfish2005

I decided to go fishing for perch late friday night with my little girl, We left the house Saterday morning around 8 am and in a rush to get out i left my phone,gps,and the best one..................My tackle bag.............lol but we had lunch all packed.

It was a bit of a slow ride up with all the snow falling but it cleared around why 89 just as we turned of to gilford rd.

Parking was not a problem as we parked in driveway right next to shore for $10.00.

the ice was a real treat, some snow on top with a thin layer of ice then slush and more ice about 10 inces.

After getting some bait and making sure some of my 10 rods had a lure on them off we went ,I was lucky we had two rods with the best perch lures on the planet still on them.

Cut some holes and started to jigg, first two holes produced squat!! so we move over about a 100 yards and set the clam up and cut new ones.

I drop my daughters lines down with a minow attached and she gets a nice 10" so shes happy !

We stayed there for the rest of the day with me jigging and her still fishing, after 2pm she askes when do we leave.hint hint my TV shows are on soon. Good thing they will be on again i reply, so after two more hrs of what time is it , do you think hanna monatna on now or do you,like her new hair style we leave at 4pm with 25 keepers for the table.

A fun day well spent with the little one...............and yes i now every word to every hanna song!!!

Sounds like you guys had a good day. I can remember fishing with dad when i was a kid, and talking to him about stuff that im SURE he didn't care about. But time well spent, is time well spent, no matter the conversation.

What was the biggest perch of the day.

-Ramble

The largest perch of the day belonged to my daughter, her first fish as 10", we took home 25 all in the range of 9-10 " tossed a bunch back, maybe landed 65-75 fish

That's a good day for sure...and a nice feed as well.

Congrats on a good out,

-Ramble