A few hours this morning

rhare

Headed out this morning solo for a few hours, figured it wasn't too cold to just sit on the ice and fish instead of pulling the hut through the slush. It was good until the wind picked up then it got a little to chilly for me. Tried a new area in kemp. met a guy in the lot that fished near me and snapped a few photos for me. Nice to be able to meet some decent people in the area to fish with. Fished around 100fow. Didn't really mark that many on the finder.made a small move and found some fish.

Managed to entice 2 nice lakers with the spoon. Lost about 5 more fish half way up. Damn dull hooks, forgot the file this morning and paid for it.

The lake is producing lots of nice natural lakers around 1-3lbs in years before I have caught the odd natural and they were usually bigger fish. A fin clip chart is available for those interested. I find that almost all the fish I catch on spoons are natural fish with no fin clips. As opposed to the minnows that seem to catch all stockies. Its good news for simcoe and proves that the efforts to clean up the lake have been paying off. I hope they eventually put a slot limit in place to protect spawning sized fish.

Further proof of improved spawning in the lake,are the amount of herring that are in simcoe.Only 5 yrs ago I remember hardly seeing schools of them. Now they are almost a nuisance when trying to get your bait down. I regularly see hundreds and hundreds go right under my holes this year. A season will eventually have to be opened or they're going to get hard on the baitfish in the lake!.

just something to think about

cheers

Ryan

heres a few pics of both fish I caught and released today. both no finclips.

100_0967.jpg

100_0966.jpg

100_0963.jpg

100_0965.jpg

Nice to see those naturals!!! Good sign for sure.....we were into some natural whities on a spot last year......most of them were not clipped. I hope its a sign of things to come!!

If the herring keep going the way they are, we'll be seeing some HUGE lakers in the next few years too!!

Thanks for the report!

Sinker