Snow blower engine

Hooked

A friend of mine has an Ariens snow blower. This past weekend his motor seized on it, ownly 3 years old. So he is in the market for a new engine for it. I figure with all the knowledgeable people here, someone might be able to point me in the right direction to locate a new one for him. Preferably in Canada. Here are the specs on his snowblower:

Aarons

Engine: Tecumseh

Model: TH139SP

7HP - 139cc's

2 cycle

Horizontal shaft

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by Hooked

A friend of mine has an Aarons snow blower. This past weekend his motor seized on it, ownly 3 years old. So he is in the market for a new engine for it. I figure with all the knowledgeable people here, someone might be able to point me in the right direction to locate a new one for him. Preferably in Canada. Here are the specs on his snowblower:

Aarons

Engine: Tecumseh

Model: TH139SP

7HP - 139cc's

2 cycle

Horizontal shaft

Any help would be appreciated.

2 cycle...I doubt that, unless your buddy has thrown the manuals and warranty papers away, it will give a list of all the repair facilities. "Seized the motor", that's why they have a dipstick.

2 cycle...I doubt that, unless your buddy has thrown the manuals and warranty papers away, it will give a list of all the repair facilities. "Seized the motor", that's why they have a dipstick.

My buddy said for sure its a 2-cycle, and there is no dipstick with it. He said its a 50:1 ratio for oil:gas. He said other things, but I won't mention that.

My buddy said for sure its a 2-cycle, and there is no dipstick with it. He said its a 50:1 ratio for oil:gas. He said other things, but I won't mention that.

Probably explains why it seized. He's been putting the oil in the gas instead of the crankcase.

I can't say I've ever heard of a 2-stroke blower.

JF

Yup its a 2 stroke single stage blower.And its probably cheaper to fix what you have than replace the motor.

Here is a link to the owners manual.

http://publications.ariens.com/manuals/00447600_fra.pdf

Okeydokey. I take that back. I have now seen a 2-stroke blower. I suspect it's not really Ariens built, as someone else suggested. I don't think I've ever seen a single stage Ariens before, and I used to sell 'em. They show two models on their website now.

JF