This is too true to not post (Non Fishing)

Garyv

AIN'T IT THE TRUTH!!?

Joe Smith started the day early having set his

alarm clock

(MADE IN JAPAN ) for 6am.

While his coffeepot

(MADE IN CHINA )

was perking, he shaved with his

electric razor

(MADE IN HONG KONG ).

He put on a

dress shirt

(MADE IN SRI LANKA ),

designer jeans

(MADE IN SINGAPORE )

and

tennis shoes

(MADE IN KOREA )

After cooking his breakfast in his new

electric skillet

(MADE IN INDIA )

he sat down with his

calculator

(MADE IN MEXICO )

to see how much he could spend today. After setting his

watch

(MADE IN TAIWAN )

to the radio

(MADE IN INDIA )

he got in his car

(MADE IN GERMANY )

filled it with GAS

(from Saudi Arabia )

and continued his search

for a good paying CANADIAN JOB.

At the end

of yet another discouraging

and fruitless day

checking his

Computer

(Made In Malaysia ),

Joe decided to relax for a while.

He put on his sandals

(MADE IN BRAZIL )

poured himself a glass of

wine

(MADE IN FRANCE )

and turned on his

TV

(MADE IN INDONESIA ),

and then wondered

why he can't find

a good paying job

in CANADA ...

I've been saying that for a long, long time. Everything is imported. Us North Americans are :asshat: for letting this happen.

Too many available jobs are now in retail, pays crap and you have to earn a living trying to sell all the s%$t made everywhere else.

Fibreglass entry doors are coming onto the market really strong and will soon replace steel doors as the #1 choice. Every FG door comes from China, (and sell for a higher margin) many of the fancy glass door inserts also come from offshore. The wood door jambs, yep they too also come from China in particular the preprimed ones. Of course the assemblers make it sound like they are all made here. Nope, only put together on this continent. Soon there will be no manufacturing jobs left in Canada.

I like the post...

The truth hurts don't it ?

It's ok though cuz' in a hundred years or so, Canadians and Americans will be so broke, we'll be the ones working for pennies and all the

lost business will come running back :wallbash:

Just wonder which countries will step up and try keeping the Lid on this Planet (i.e. Terrorism, Disease, Foreign Aid, Hunger etc.) when

North Americans (and some E.U. Countries too) are too broke to do so ?

But to listen to some Human Beans, we're the cause of everything bad anyway right ?

Damned if you do...

Thank God we have an on-ice bungalow booked for this weekend, no one can hear you rant from there lol.

I just noticed...3 of my ice rods are made in China...guilty :oops: .

Hookset.

Sounds Like Joe only shops at Walmart

WOW I'm surprised it took so long for that to come out!! Consumers have buying power, believe it or not! You take the cheap way out, you make a mess down the road. Some poor schlep across the ocean far far away makes next nothing for all of those wonderful things we all love to buy...useless or not! Whoever makes the purchase makes the decision...you wanna change it??? Have a peek at your own buying habits and see just what you are pushing along!!

And to add to all that, all our resources are becoming owned by foreign companies. With the natural resources in Canada, we should have no taxes, the profits from our resources would be more than enough to keep us a rich nation, but to make a quick buck, everything is sold out and a few live the high life. And the countries buying all our resources are getting richer from it, allowing them to keep buying more.