Weekend Report

rhare

Spent this weekend back on the ice, Lots of people out all over Kemp. Ice conditions were still inconsistant some 6" some 3". Lots of people still ignoring warnings and driving sleds all over the lake. Anyways back to the fishing. Was out with some buddies, Dan (GBaysteel) and Braden (maple leaf Drifter)Saturday was a write off. We found lots of fish but only managed to miss a few.We threw everything thinkable at them with no luck.Didint see a whole lot being caught.

We Decided to go ahead and try it again on Sunday.The weather was great. Not near as many people out, I guess Saturdays bad bite kept them at home. We had a great day, landed 7 lakers and missed at least a dozen more fish. we moved around and followed the fish from 110ft to 80ft. moved in and out, when they stopped marking we would move and it always paid off with a couple fish coming on each move.Fish were split half on minnows and half on spoons.

pic of the bay and the crowds enjoying the weekend

DSCF0539.jpg

Dan with the first fish

DSCF0537.jpg

My first one of the day and the year on simcoe for that matter not a bad way to start about 5lbs

DSCF0541.jpg

Dan with #2

DSCF0543.jpg

My second

DSCF0546.jpg

Braden with his first Simcoe Laker

DSCF0547.jpg

Dan had a good day hitting 3 fish on the spoon

DSCF0549.jpg

Dan with #3

DSCF0552.jpg

fight shot

DSCF0550.jpg

Dan with #4

DSCF0555.jpg

Kept a couple for the table and the rest went back to fight another day.

Ryan