My biggest P.O. To Date

Casey123

So,

This September my wife and I went to Dog Lake, North West of Chapleau. (By the way out of all the lakes we have fished in this area, Dog Lake was by far the suckiest).

It is a Big lake, we stayed in the far North West Corner. One day we decied to pack into a portage lake. We walked about 3 kms throught the bush on somethng you couldn't even consider a trail.

We got down to the shore and what do you think we found..........

Garbage, thats dang right.....American Beer and Pop cans, I know because here in Canada we don't use Fluid Ounces to measure liquid and the lat time I checked we havn't in over 30 years.

For the love of God, man, if people can take the effort to lug crap to a fishing spot....take it out.....Hey you stupid litter bugs F.Y. I. its a hell of alot lighter when its empty. :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Wow, I feel better with that off of my chest.

Edited by Masterb8t

Beer bottles are the worst, usually broken and then you have to watch your kids or pets and it ain't so easy to clean up. What possesses a man to toss there Tim cups out the window along dirt roads is beyond me, yet there aren't to many dirt roads that aren't littered with them. Just throw your Tim's trash back at Tim's the next time your there, they have garbage cans at there drive throughs.

I feel better now also. LOL

I hear ya. I recently brought a friend of mine to one of my steelhead holes. We had brought some refreshments, and I had stashed my empties in my tackle bag. When we returned to the car, I noticed that he didn't have his empties with him. I had stashed mine in the trunk and he casually grabbed them and tossed them into the bushes.. Not something I'd make a huge fuss about, but I can tell ya, the next spot I take him to will have trash bins, and I'll point them out to him.

Hey that felt great. Let's get a load off our chests!

cheers

HD

That's humans for you...the only animal on the planet that destroys it's own habitat (And we're supposed to be the most intelligent)

I find it interesting watching Les Strouds' Survivorman and he always mentions that no matter where you go on earth, regardless of how remote, your still bound to find garbage, sickening really...

Tony

Edited by tonyb

You should see the poop I find in the THames in London. Here's a taste of it. Slight bio-hazard. It sucks cause there are fish in these areas. Also, these were all from a 6 week period or so. By spring there will be hundreds in a 2km stretch or river. I have no doubts.

Stanleystbridgesept29003.jpg

Stanleystbridgesept29004.jpg

StanleyStbridgeandForks007.jpg

Sept082007016.jpg

I spent dozens of hours cleaning this stuff up last summer/fall so that myself and others don't have to walk in it. I'd say I removed about 50 needles from a 2-3 km stretch of river. Mostly on the ground but the odd one in the river. The needles are bad enough but there are 10x as many wrappers/packaging pieces out there than there are needles. You see the parts all over the place and just makes me wonder how many are on the bottom of the river...

Edited by Beats

I wish it rained worm blowers on my river. :unsure:

But really, that is pretty sick. And strange. Is there like a hospital dumping them up river or something? Not druggies, they wouldn't leave them in the packages..

The needles are from the needle exchange program. The health unit where they come from is a block from the river so the river is the closest/easiest place for ppl to use the needles out of the public eye. Some ppl do return them but I can go to several spots and get rid of the needles and then revisit the same spots 1 week later and more needles are there again. As for the ones in the package... I was fishing one day and found a bag on the shoreline. It had a box of needles in it. Like a box that a hospital would get with like 50 needles in it. THe bag was full of bloody needles and there was bloody tissues and needles all over the area as well as hydrocodone pills. I called it in to be picked up and returned a week later to find that no one had gotten it and the needles had somehow found their way into the river and had been caught in rocks/branches further downstream. I fished a few dozen out. Desperate ppl take desperate measures. You gotta take into consideration the mindset of ppl that are in this state of mind. They aren't thinking clearly and for the most part aren't too concerned about public health and the proper disposal of these items.

The needles are from the needle exchange program. The health unit where they come from is a block from the river so the river is the closest/easiest place for ppl to use the needles out of the public eye. Some ppl do return them but I can go to several spots and get rid of the needles and then revisit the same spots 1 week later and more needles are there again. As for the ones in the package... I was fishing one day and found a bag on the shoreline. It had a box of needles in it. Like a box that a hospital would get with like 50 needles in it. THe bag was full of bloody needles and there was bloody tissues and needles all over the area as well as hydrocodone pills. I called it in to be picked up and returned a week later to find that no one had gotten it and the needles had somehow found their way into the river and had been caught in rocks/branches further downstream. I fished a few dozen out. Desperate ppl take desperate measures. You gotta take into consideration the mindset of ppl that are in this state of mind. They aren't thinking clearly and for the most part aren't too concerned about public health and the proper disposal of these items.

make sure u wear gloves next time u attempt to clean up the mess these idiots make, u dont wanna catch anything

Edited by bassmaster4

As I pulled up to the pharmacy in the plaza a car window two spaces over opened a short ways down and a large container of soda pop was dropped out onto the ground...

A chap walking towards the car picked it up and knocked on the window..."you dropped this" he said as he passed the container back into the car window...

Kudos to whoever you are !... :thumbsup_anim:

I hear you, living in Hamilton, The Grand River makes a great eveingfishing advendutre.

I am sure we would enjoy it even more if we didn't have to pack out a garbage bag of trash every week from our favourite holes.

And why the hell do people feel the need tothrough bicycle frames in the water?????????????

We spend a little less timefishing in southern ontario every year. Between the garbage and the iggnorant's on the rivers it seems like it is more hassel then it is worth.