Multi-Species Action - January 12th

Rich

Sleded, Red Devil and I headed out to some Lake Erie canals to start the day looking for crappies and bluegills. When we met Red Devil at the spot he already had 4 crappies bucketed. The action was intense on the bluegills and the crappies were biting pretty good as well until about 2:30. We also got into some OOS bass surprisingly. That's gotta be a first for January open water fishing! Gotta love global warming!

Red Devil with an OOS bass:

DSC00972.jpg

The weather was perfect for BBQ'ing as we had BBQ elk burgers and ONIIOOONNNSSSS!!

DSC00974.jpg

Sleded was so full he could barely move. In fact, we thought he was dead so we had to call the police to make it an official crime scene.

DSC00976.jpg

The murder weapon:

DSC00977.jpg

While the police were investigating the murder, Red Devil and I got them to snap a pic of some of our fish.

DSC00978.jpg

Luckily Sleded was okay and we weren't charged for murder. As he woke up, he continued eating.

DSC00981.jpg

As we moved spots to a different canal after the BBQ I sat up in my redneck fishing throne and continued to slay the bluegill.

DSC00982.jpg

Then it was my shot at an OOS bass, and what a monster!

DSC00984.jpg

After that, Sleded and I moved on to the mighty Lynn in search of carp, but to our surprise there was nothing but panfish biting. Oh and an OOS trout .. lol

DSC00985.jpg

DSC00986.jpg

DSC00987.jpg

And then Sleded scored with the trophy fish of the day, the World's Greatest Sportfish - king of all fish - the rock bass.

DSC00989.jpg

It was an awesome day on the water and we can account that on the fact that the video camera battery died again! Can't wait to get back out.