I met a fishing TV show host today

glirw

On campus today (York U) I was coming out of an appointment and as I was approaching drop-box I noticed that beside it was standing a fellow wearing a jacket that read 'Extreme Angler' with the show's symbol of hook and thunder on it.

I ask him : 'fan of the show?'

He says: ' actually I am on the show! '

Turned out to be Mark Kulik who as it turns out works at York U as his day job

We chatted for a little while about the show (which i have not seen since my WFN channel got cut off :( ) and then he had to go back to work

Thought it was pretty cool , probably the last thing I expected to happen while at school , I guess professional anglers have day jobs too!

All the best to everyone in 2008

Edited by grilw

Hey Mark

Here's blast from the past. Might not remember me but I used to work at LeBarons way back in the late 80s. We used to chat up a storm when you and your buddy dropped by. Good times back then

I think this ones from around 1983-4 Rainbow fishing out on Lake Ontario. See the lure, you gave me a hard time about the disco tape.

trout167.jpg

I'll make a point of dropping by at the next fishing show and say hi

Paul

Holy smokes! that was a while ago! Hi Paul yes I remember you, the spoon was an Andy Reeker spoon with every known color of prizm tape on it! The bows were crushing it! I'll be at the spring show and the To sporman show at the St.Croix booth, make sure you come out and say Hi-looking forward to talking again. Mark

One would think... with glasses like those fish would feel compelled to just jump into the boat! Mr. Cruise can I have you autograph?!? LOL

Mark is a good guy... can wait to hit the water one day.

G.

I'd jump for the adidas shorts!

Thats the problem with pictures-you just never know where they end up!LOL I guess I couldn't convince you guys that they were in style at the time? My wife saw it and now she believes I used to weigh 150 lbs! It's funny what you remember Mike-I couldn'y tell you what I had for lunch yesterday-yet I remember fish from 20+yrs ago! :lol: