ugly stick

bassmaster4

The ugly stick is 34 dollars at Walmarts I believe so the reel is 16 dollars. If the Reel is a Skakespere Sigma. I would say Heluva deal. By the way I have a Sigma and itworks just as good as my High Priced Shimanos. And the Ugly stiK, Best all around rod on the market for the price in my opinion. My rod is going on 10 years old now and makes for a good trolling rod. My Opinion though as I dont even pretend to be a professional

I think this is the same combo I bought last year. It was an Ugly Stik lite 6'6" Med. spinning cork handle with a Shakeshpere reel. At the time I think I paid $80 for it. As a first rod, since my Zebco special when I was 8 years old, I thought it was decent.

It is now the last rod I pick up. It is heavy and lacks sensitivity compared to my other rods. Which in all fairness I expect. Nothing wrong with it other than that. I prefer the combo that I got with my OFAH membership better though.

I used an Ugly Stik with a Mitchell 300 for many many years until it became fashionable to use several rods rather than change lures and spools...

I still have a couple of Ugly Stiks in my arsenal...one 6'6" one piece coupled with a Shimano Curado baitcasting reel and the other is a two piece 7' that I was using for carp fishing until I inherited an 11' Aurora Barrinton carp rod with an Okuma baitrunning reel this past summer...

Like a Timex watch...the Ugly Stix take a lickin' and keep on ticking... :lol:

I love ugly sticks I have 4 of them for my musky troling rods 4 UL with 4-6lbs line and a few other mid size ones for the money you can not beat them. For years I was buying $100++ Shimano rods and breaking them but since I have switched back I have not had a problem. I do haowever just buy the rod and put my own reel on them

I used an Ugly Stik with a Mitchell 300 for many many years until it became fashionable to use several rods rather than change lures and spools...

Norm,your ready to go on the tour then.LOL

I have only used one ugly stick and that one was for down rigging (still have it). I love it.Great tip flex/sensitivity, and great back bone.