Shopping for folks that are special to you?

pigeonfisher

I passed this year on offering the standard bottle or gift card to those that I spend my days with and will be passing on other "standards" for those closest to me. I read many, many books and few actually touch me or teach me to be better; however, I am always able to take something from them that I can use in my day to day life.

Think & Grow Rich is not a “get rich quick book” but truly an enabler, Napoleon Hill teaches a few thought processes that will become tools in your tool box of life. You or those that you pass the book on to can take home the ability to become “Rich in mind”, set your goals high and desire with every ounce of your body to achieve them. Desire is what separates the good from the great and the great from the best.

This book is about selling ideas to the most important decision maker in your life, YOU!!!

I am a believer in "The Good Life" earned through hard work, dedication and perseverance. What I learned over the last few weeks was how to define the difference maker, "Desire". I set (at the time) very lofty goals for myself when I was 18 years old, both family and financial. Now an old man (29) I have achieved ALL of my major goals. I have a beautiful wife, two beautiful little boys, a couple of pets, a white Ford station wagon and a clear mind. My wife and I are transitioning into a new life in 2008. Moving into a new house, in a new country, with a new job. I say bring it on. I have busted my butt over the last 10 years to get here and I can't wait to take the next challenge.

If you want to be better next year, have a goal that has been hanging out there that seems unattainable or need to improve your lot in life (financially, mentally or otherwise) then take some time and invest in yourself. This is a good way to get the juices going.

Sorry for my ramblings...I woke up VERY MOTIVATED today! Come on life, Let's Get it On!!!

Edited by Pigeonfisher

Sounds Great Steve and I wish you all the best.

I woke up tired and feeling beat from making it to all the goals I set....or was it the snow shovelling... I'm not sure! LOL

Where you headed?????

Heading to Hanover, PA. Just this side of Baltimore, MD if you are on a map.

Somewhere nearby there must be 2 for 1 wing night!

Rick, Life is a 2 for 1 wing night.

Now if only I could convince the bank that the negative number in my account is a positive number I would be truly set!

Heading to Hanover, PA. Just this side of Baltimore, MD if you are on a map.

dang, ya can't get rid of me. we'll be bi-weekly neighbours. i'm just over the border in MD every other week for the forseeable future.

have fun at cabelas! :)

There ia a Bass Pro near Baltimore also.

Joe

Harrisburg, PA. I was not impressed.

Looks like there's one in Hanover, MD which is just outside of Baltimore too.. I'll have to check it out.

Edited by Raf

well steve, I wish you & your family all the best on the transition & everything to come

also, it wont be anytime soon that I forget that experienece on Simcoe some 4 yrs ago.... but its ok if you dont remember :rolleyes:

take care bud & dont let Coop trade in his blue & whites for any of those local yellow colours....

Hey Steve, best of luck my friend. I'm sure that you won't need it as people like you make their own breaks!

Locating there, you are pretty lucky. You have the river and of course the bay and the Atlantic not too far away. Get over to the Eastern Shore and do some exploring, some wonderful places and some great striper fishing. Joe and Art can tell you way more than I can on the river fishing, but from what I understand the variety of fish is pretty broad.

Be well my friend and stay in touch. At least the Bruichladdich will be cheaper down there.

J...

Good for you PF. Setting goals is the best way to improve yourself and can be applied to your professional and personal life. I have been on the waiting list at my local library for a month or so now for this book. In the past few years I've read several books in the Rich Dad Poor Dad series by Robert Kiyosaki and it has made a difference in my finances. Very motivational.

Good luck with your move.

I had the good fortune of stumbling upon Hill's book wayyyyyback in 1987 during my first year of college. I have read it at least once a year ever since. A very powerful and motivating book. I would highly recommend it as did many of my teachers way back. Every new read adds a tid-bit more to me......

Meely