Sled tow bar?

Tybo

Make it the same length of the sled, so when you fold it up, it fits inside the sled. If your making a box sled, have the tow bar attached with quick release pins, then fit it in the box.

I just re-read this and realized your making one for a clam........6 ft should be plenty. You should attach the bar along the sides of the sled as well as the front....... attaching to the front like the factory bars, is just asking for failure.

You could make me one while your at it :)

Sinker

Edited by Sinker

I own a Trail Boggan by Equinox, it is 8 ft. long, and the tow bar is almost 7 ft. long, triangular in shape, but it does not tow off of the front of the sleigh, it is connected 2 ft. back of the front, and is connected to steel tubes running down the length of the sleigh, to distribute weight and towing forces through the entire length of the sleigh.

When I bought it, and discovered that the tow bar would not fold over the sleigh without being stuck up in the air by about 2 ft.????????????/................ I brought out my 1/2" pipe bender, and put that tow bar in a vise, and..............made a significant modification to it. That 20 or so degree bend did not alter any towing issues with the sleigh whatsoever, but it did lay the tow bar flat against the sleigh, and I think the manufacturer should follow suit. Just my opinion, lol.

Yes, at least 6 ft. of tow bar, it makes life so much easier than shorter lengths, and an "A" type of frame is what is needed, with a stabilizing bar about 2 ft. back of the sled, for stresses incurred while towing.

Hey paul,maybe you should go to gagnons sports in oshawa,they just got all their winter ice -huts,and several tow bars for quads,& snowmobles.and they are several different lengths and shapes,some also have a swivel,so that the tobagan wont ride up on its side that way it will always stay flat,as the snowmoblile,tilts side to side the towbar wont,its a great idea ,you should look into it???

One thing I'm going to do. At the hitch I will put springs on

both sides of the mount to absorb shock.

Ah yes,for got to mention that Paul.Did that with my hut aswell.

Good thunk,n pal.

deer_hunt_pops_07_024.jpg

You can just make it out and yes I know it,s not 6 ft long.I learned from my mistakes.LOL

Edited by misfish