Insurance on a sled ?

cityfisher

I run a '92 and a '93 Formula Plus. Had insurance for years with collision and paid about $200 each a year. This year they tell me I need an appraisal for the '92( 15 years old I guess) Well I now only have liability on each- If they get broken up or stolen I'm done with sleddin' just want to avoid costly lawsuit if my son or I am at fault. Insurance is the biggest scam- next to the oil companies!

Here in Quebec, vehicle insurance is way cheaper. For a snowmobile or ATV etc (without collision), it's about 50 dollars.

wow who are you with?? here in montreal id pay about 400 for mine 2 ways.. but even at that my traill pass includes the insurance for up to i think its 1 million in damage

In 1996 I bought a new Mach 1 AND PAID 86$ A YEAR FULLY LOADED.

I sold the MACH in '01 and bought a 1994 Safari Rally 503 2up for fishing.. in 2002

I paid 202.26$ for 03-04 and in 05-06 I paid 243.60$ ... I have since sold it.

Imagine that ..Arctic Cat is thinking of introducing the 1500cc 240 hp supercharged V6 that

they put in their PWC ....In a sled...!!!! STUPID!!! It'll be uninsurable ...

I remember when If you had a Blizzard 9700 ... you were crazy ! it was a 521cc

nowadays if you don't have at least a 600cc you can't keep up.. dang crazy.

Who remembers when the Big Red 250cc Shaft Drive withe Reverse was the best ATV around

now BRP & Cat have or soon to have a 1000 cc ATV..????

People want power ... power needs to be insured ... insurance & CC's cost money....must pay to play...apparently more dangerous..sorry to say ... they have us by the nutsack.

Who's making the cash now???

We're getting ripped off!

guess it depends on the insurance company and the sled your running, the old beater sled i had a 440 ss yamaha was around 200 bones a year and my 998cc apex is 395 full coverage a year.

If you have a valid permit you can get the beleivers plus insurance as well thats supposed to save you a bundle if you have a good driving record.