ram mount rod holders ---whos got em

2 tone z71

I had the similar Roberts, they were ok but not very durable... the polycarbonate just doesn't hold up. Broke 2 of them with my foot accidently when getting in and out of the boat.

Switched to Downeaster Salties and don't have to worry about breaking these, Heavy Duty and highly durable!!!

If you're gonna do Muskies, you need these!

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/template...t21300&rid=

Edited by Greencoachdog

I have a set of the Rams in my boat bumper compartment. Used them the first weekend I got my boat (took them off the showroom 2025 Pro v as mine weren't in). They're pretty sturdy items and I guess if I didn't prefer the straight up release of a salty I'd use them. Consider you set your drag only tight enough so if you hook bottom your line doesn't immediately snap I don't see them breaking using them for muskie... but also consider you aren't going to be able to use those upside down.... ie with rod tip pointing into the water... with any confidence. I've learned pretty quick that this is the prefered position for any water with a weed population.

The ones I have are set up for the lund sport tracks. Same holder itself, but on a long stem that goes into a side mount style holder hole like the saltys do....vs the ram ball and connector. Think I have a pic somewhere with them on the boat...will see so you know exactly what I mean. Nope...just remembered my early season pics are still on a throw away camera after my first digital went swimming in May.

Edited by irishfield

I vote on the salty S-10's as well.. I looked and looked ... when I was considering rod holders... they are made of solid metal (cast) I was given a ton of opinions (all valid) But I found the saltys to be the best out there, in terms of material used and build quality...

Up to you... but when you have the fish of your life nail your bait while in the holder in the middle of Novemeber.... are you going to trust frozen plastic.... or solid metal?

the choice is obvious I think..

G.

Hey Irishfield

I would need to have a lot of faith in those holders to be hanging a nice expensive rod and reel overboard like that. YIKES!!

SS

That's the exact reason I use wire cables to attach my musky trolling rods to the boat.

$5 for the cable......$500 to replace the trolling outfit

Cnv2104.jpg