BOQ - Dec 9th Adolphus Reach Report

superdad

Laker John and I went out to fish on Sunday with the promise of flurries and minus 7. The Reach is clear and we .launched at the UEL Park, (it's very shallow - not for large boats) and headed out and set the rods before the green marker at Keith Shoal.

We marked the time at 1145 and at 1150, the rod with the lead core began to sing. Superdad was hooked up with a fish. The fish was just a drag to the boat and as I removed the hook from the lower jaw, I could see WHY!!!! The air bladder had come into the mouth - this fish wasn't going back. It's the first time that has happened to us while trolling.

We realized immediately that the depth of the lead core and the diving depth of the Purple Demon had stretched the limits of the walleye depths.

Here's the picture:

DavidsFish.JPG

They say the first fish is the hardest, well we had one in five minutes - Boy were we going set the world on fire!!!!!!!!

Trolled around for the next two hours without a touch. As we trolled up the north shore we noticed one of the lead cores acting strangely. Reeled it in and found that one of the outside lures had come across and hooked the two lead core lines - what a mess.

As we coming to shore to untangle the mess, the planer board took a dive and Laker John landed a nice four pounder on a 3/4 oz Power Dive Firetiger. Looked like a one armed paper hander with rods and line all over the place - we got the fish.

IMG_3937.JPG

It took us 45 minutes on shore to clear the tangle. I've seen some birdnests; in reels befor never have I had a tangle like this.

When we got ready to head out, the squall had just blown in and we headed out towards the deeper water. Began trolling downwind and the inside rod began to scream - Fish on and I was able to land a nice 8lber on the Power Dive. Released the fish and headed back to troll downwind again as the squall was really blowing.

We started back downwind and the inside rod went back - Fish On for about two seconds - DARN. As I was reeling the lure in, the outer baord went off and Laker John was into another fish, Holy COW - double header and the other board went off too. Unfortunately, the second fish was on a asecond and GONE. Laker John landed another 4 lber on the Purple Demon.

We had a furry of activity for 25 minutes and then we had head for shore.

All in all quite a day, we went 4 for 7.

The weather is looking good for the rest of the week and hopefully we can get out again.

Stay Tuned.

Great report david,glad you got out one more time before the hard water sets in for the duration !!!!.. :clapping::w00t: ..thanks for sharing ...well you and john did really well ,with the nasty mess up that you had to clear up....nice pics as well,that first walleye is a real big one for sure,well maybe you will get one last chance to get out again....cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing: