How Did Your Muskie Season End?

Handlebarz

Well things are great its tuesday the alarm goes off at 2am I'm up and outta bed heading off to work to get a early day in (I usually start at 5am) I make it back to the yard before noon and head home I just bought 2 new tires put them on and head off to Belle River to meet up with a friend 10min to go I can feel the rod in my hand already the weather is great and I know from the satellite pics that the water is lookin awsome then it happens the thing we all think will not happen to me :angry: I'm in the same boat Squid was and others have talked about on here I blow a bearing in the trailer what the :angry::angry::angry: Well I call Steve and tell him the bad news I was lucky Fisheye lives right around the corner so I limp the boat there but can not fix it till the next day :angry::angry::angry:

well I look to the bright side thursday is gonna be another great day so I look ahead and fix the trailer with Paul on Wensday great ready to go for Thursday well I wane up Thursday morning thinking I woke before the alarm I take a look through my still asleep eyes to see its 5am and Iam late for work :angry::angry: Well with this delay I will not make it home in time to get out fishing that sucked.

So today I figure that I will get my daughter from school then go cast from shore for one last night I know we can still get them there but I notice something is wrong on the drive from my work to home <_< LONDON SUCKS I think to my self or maybe I yelled it out they had opened the dam now the river is up by 2 feet and flowing thanks from the great end of my season I think. thanks for reading my rant.

On the bright side there is only 6 months till season opener

Guest Trophymuskie

I went out yesterday with muskiematt and I managed to catch one on the smaller side of the scale. At least it's nice to end the Ontario fishing season without a skunk.

Dang Mike, this just wasn't your week bud and sorry to hear all your plans fell thru like that :(

Pete & I tried to get down to see you a couple weeks back but got shut down by the high winds and dirty water.

Let's hope things turn out better next fall :thumbsup_anim:

Guest gbfisher

Mine ended a couple weeks back.... :blush::dunno: This picture pretty much made my mind up for me. :worthy:

IMG_0193.jpg

A buddy of mine was out yesterday and caught one of them silly looking green toothy critters Lew...you know the ones...HA HA HA HA

Here's looking at next year!!! :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

:Gonefishing:

Edited by gbfisher

Same here Eh,

I was hoping to get out yesterday and with any luck today as well.

Well, I got back a "little" late from the Hamilton MCI meeting (2:30 AM). But, I had also a painter lined up for a job on Thurs AM. Wednesday, I got called away from the drywall job to snake a clogged line. So... after the MCI meeting, I go and finish the drywall (4 AM). By now, I am burnt out, Thursday is a bust for fishing. On my way home from Hamilton, I get a whining noise from the rear end of the truck.

Today was spent getting new pinion bearings in the rear axle of the truck! I would have much rather the bearings on the boat trailer go! LOL

Well, boat is going in storage Sat, muskie gear will be put away tonight.

On the up side, I had a great season, got to fish a lot of new water, some of it will see me again next year, some of it won't.

Edited by Ron

Barely began my muskie season before it ended - fished muskie a total of 3 times only one landed fell short of 40" :mellow:

the majority of my season this year was spent on salmon & 'eyes - had a couple fall muskie trips planned, but bad weather made me fall back on plans b & c

only about half a year till muskie opens

Edited by fishdawg