For the carp anglers

jediangler

It's on right now? Damn, I would like to have seen that. Down visiting in Toronto and don't get the food network here, although I do in Peterborough. I have never eaten carp but would, the only recipe I consistently come across is that "throw away the carp eat the wood plank" joke. Any idea when it might re-air?

the best way to enjoy carp, IMHO, is boiled. The recipe is simple:

Catch a carp in late April.

Dig a hole.

Place carp in hole.

Fill hole part way with dirt.

2" below the surface place 4 - 6 corn kernals in hole.

Finish filling hole.

Wait 4 months.

Pick sweet corn and boil till tender.

Roll in butter and season with salt to taste.

That is how one can best eat carp. :lol:

I gave 2 carp (10 - 12 pounds) to an Estonian gentleman on my mail route a few years ago . . . . . he cooked 'em on a Hibachi charcoal barbie . . . . . and saved a piece for me. When he brought it out, I gotta admit . . . . I was a bit squeamish, but I tried it. Surprise, surprise . . . . . it was actually VERY good . . . . . if I hadn't known what it was, I'd have figured likely bass. But apparently there is a WRONG way to cook 'em, just fried up, they taste kinda greasy . . . . . but several Polish people I know consider 'em a delicasy, stuffed & roasted at Christmas time.

P. S.

Put a carp & a whitefish side by side . . . whitefish also has large scales . . . sucker-type mouth under the head . . . . . eats DEAD things . . . OFF BOTTOM . . . . . . not vegetation? Hm m m m m ??

Edited by Photoz

I gave 2 carp (10 - 12 pounds) to an Estonian gentleman on my mail route a few years ago . . . . . he cooked 'em on a Hibachi charcoal barbie . . . . . and saved a piece for me. When he brought it out, I gotta admit . . . . I was a bit squeamish, but I tried it. Surprise, surprise . . . . . it was actually VERY good . . . . . if I hadn't known what it was, I'd have figured likely bass. But apparently there is a WRONG way to cook 'em, just fried up, they taste kinda greasy . . . . . but several Polish people I know consider 'em a delicasy, stuffed & roasted at Christmas time.

P. S.

Put a carp & a whitefish side by side . . . whitefish also has large scales . . . sucker-type mouth under the head . . . . . eats DEAD things . . . OFF BOTTOM . . . . . . not vegetation? Hm m m m m ??

What do Catfish, Crabs, and Lobsters eat?

the best way to enjoy carp, IMHO, is boiled. The recipe is simple:

Catch a carp in late April.

Dig a hole.

Place carp in hole.

Fill hole part way with dirt.

2" below the surface place 4 - 6 corn kernals in hole.

Finish filling hole.

Wait 4 months.

Pick sweet corn and boil till tender.

Roll in butter and season with salt to taste.

That is how one can best eat carp. :lol:

BBBWAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P. S.

I know Polish people that eat carp for Christmas as well but the carp here and the carp in Poland are completley diffrent. Dunno if your reffering to the Polish people that live here or in Poland.

Edited by xrap