Ice Hut Purchase-Canadian Tire Sale-Good Deals

kayak fisher

Hey everyone,

Just to let you know, Canadian Tire has two and four man Eastman portable ice huts on sale this week. I just picked up a four man for $255, regularly $320. I was looking around online, and these huts got pretty good reviews compared to others in their price-range, and they are way cheaper than the Clams or Traps. Now I just have to wait for some ice on Simcoe, or Jan 01 for Scugog!

Also may be of interest to some, I just picked up a creeper for working under the car, regularly $50, and I got it for $10! I think this is only on sale Sat and Sun though.

Cheers,

Alex

It is in a flyer that I received, maybe this is only applicable to the Toronto area. The creeper is on sale today and tomorrow, and the ice hut is on sale all week. I purchased both of these at the Leslie/Lakeshore store. I know that they will ship to a local store, so it might be worth looking into.

Here is the link to the flyer online

http://canadiantire.shoplocal.com/canadian...amp;StartRow=28

Keep yer bill and set it up in the back yard a t least 10 times before going fishin. Moose and I bought these last year and poles broke on both of ours first 1-2 trips

Nice hut otherwise and hope Moose and I got the lemons

junk!!

hope it aint windy out LOL!!!!

you will see!!!

Thanks for the input. Instead of me waiting to see, how about telling me what the problem with them is in the wind? I would prefer to know that before it is too late to return it. This hut got pretty favourable reviews in general, and I am looking for a hut that will last me several seasons at least. There is a warning in the instructions about cinching the interior tension straps too tight, as this may damage the poles, and if this is done, Eastman is willing to replace the broken pieces.

This hut also has several external tension straps, which are supposed to hold the hut firmly on the ice in very windy conditions. Is the problem with setup in the wind, or after it has been setup, and fishing in the wind?

Thank you everyone for your responses, it is greatly appreciated. It is good to get some background information before deciding on a specific product that I will use many, many times!

For anyone else that is interested in this hut, I found some pretty decent reviews on another website.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/archive/index.php/t-2014.html

It might help if you are thinking about purchasing one.... I am going to set mine up and take it down (10 times) today in the backyard, and I will let you know how it goes!

Cheers

Just thought I would update everyone on my purchase......

The first Ice Cube that I purchased was CRAP. It setup and down very easily, just as promised, but the stitching was ridiculous and the zipper for the door would not close properly. Canadian tire exchanged the hut without any problems, and the new hut is PERFECT! This thing is awesome, it sets up easily and packs away small. All the stitching is great, and the zipper is perfect. I cannot believe the quality difference between the first and second. I think that this hut will last me a long, long time.

• 1 year later...
We just bought a Sub Zero 2 person ice hut for 215 yesterday (Friday).....It is really roomy....and extremely dark inside....Could buy for the buck!

Lorissa

Should have picked it up at the end of season icefishing sale in March, they were even cheaper then. B)

I won't tell you how much because I don't want to dissapoint you. ;)

As for being in the wind. Just anchor one tether before setting it up and then anchor the other three.

It can be difficult to set up the first time or two out. Take time to look and see how it sets up and collapses and you will be fine.

It wil take three or four trials before you see exactly how it collapses back down.

The poles get broken by trying to force the shelter closed. When you get the hang of it, it will close just like one of those folding camp chairs.

When you put it away leave the windows detached, and place them in the carry bag last.

In cold weather they get stiff and if left attached and folded they can break.