Want to Fish over Thin ICE, no problem

Dave Frasso

Thats quite a handy machine to have. Wonder if I can store it on my balcony. lol

also your sign off message I think should read ;

** Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day***

Same one as last week, now unless we get a major case of global warming and the icemaking stops about ...Dec 26 each year, and, doesn't snow for the rest of the year, it's pretty much as waste of material. Put a rotary brush on the front and make it a street sweeper.

• 3 months later...

Well I seen that add And I bought one .. I live on Simcoe .. and I have used it everyday since I recieved it .. I've taken it up to Wiarton and Fished for Salmon on thin ice in the rain ... stayed dry.. four inches in places on Colpoy Bay . Simcoe is Wet and Slushy right now ...NO issues .. There's tracks For it as well a Pair and the axle has Posi-lok !

Edited by Slyatv

Just Got in off the ice ... There's still 16 inches of good ice most places .. be careful around USED launch areas .. But walking out should still be safe for tonight .. no pics cause there's guys that don't want to hear the commercial... HA HA HA HA HA HA I went fishing today and Stayed Dry .. ..Caught a few but wasn't there for dinner .. Didn't keep any 17-21 ft of water was best ..

Next December Roy... .there's still 20" of ice on Simcoe from what I'm told.

I guess the guy who told you might have put a report up here too if he wasn't on the mod queue....probably not worth waiting for approval for his posts...

they were some nice fish though.

Here you go guys, I don't own one of these. I saw the link one day and watched

the Video's of it...

http://www.thewilcraft.com/index.php

After the page comes up scroll down, all the sample video's are on the

bottom right hand side of the page. There is 6 Video's in all.......................

Thought everyone would enjoy looking at them.

Time to get the boat out now.. Like in the morning, I have some upgrades to

do.. it never ends.. :-)

Enjoy...

Dave

Well If it drops thru the ice ... Then with proper manipulation the operator lifts the wheels ( which are studded) by moving to the front of the craft the 'balance' then shifts and the Rear wheels can easily be Pressed by use of yer paddles onto the edge ... if the edge breaks away again then the studs will ..or at least have ..dug in and pulled the craft towards the thicker ice.. Unlike any other machine ... the wheels can be 'lifted' so they can easily climb on the edge.. The studs will then dig in and pull itself out ... Keep in mind the controls for the machine are one handed and can be reached by the operator from much more than just the drivers seat...

I have had mine 'stuck' in honeycombed ice.. I simply lifted the wheels and Pushed the machine with the paddles.... once the wheels Caught good ice it dragged the rest of the machine thru it ... The whole thing weighs less than 500 lbs and has a SMOOTH flat bottom to get unstuck. At one point I was thinking ... great now I'm gonna have to get wet feet ... That would have been operator error.. The Paddles or push/pull pole is a nessessity But paddles are required on a boat anyway...

I didn't order the tracks . But I will over the SUMMER ... Winter is a short 8 months away ... So far I've taken it "OFF ROAD" some as well .. those 25 inch tires and studs Take you evrywhere .. Even when the front wheels are off the ground it keeps pushing , with the variating seating position of the operator this craft will GO ... nearly everywhere. CAN'T wait for a swamp run ... gonna get muddy I'll bet .... I'll take pics.. . Gonna float at least .

Man I love this machine ...

Without this becoming a commercial ...

Your local contact for this machine.. or even for a personalized 'viewing'

Contact ME

Shane (Sly) Young

905 955 2517

[email protected]

Dryicemachines.net

Jackson's Point Ontario

Edited by Slyatv