Photoshop Brook Trout

Guidofisherman

That looks amazing !!! :whistling::clapping::w00t: ive never seen anything like that before,now if you are going to photoshop your picture ,man thats the way to do it !!!!...instead of just blanking out the background ,that at least has some interesting things to look at besides the fish !!!...cool man thanks for showing !!!...cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

I've done quite a few of those for clients, but really liked your background choices. Have to remember that now that I see how you chose the gradients colours. Nice to see the non-standard border edges too. Excellent touch..

I also liked to create a false shadow of the subject and drop it across the border to help pop out the illusion a bit more.

Thanks for the comments. They are the first and only one I have done. To Dan: "My fish... your what?" Ha, Ha, Ha. Actually, you have caught more Nipigon Brookies than I've seen. To Rick: I tried to figure out how to create a false shadow of the subject and drop it across the border to help pop out the illusion a bit more as you mentioned. Can you give me some instructions or a link on how to do that?

Alan

real good job on them

Rick

so to do shadow, would you just take a copy of the stick out make it all black or grey make it transparent and shift it to where you want it ..something like that..as it would be a nice touch for sure

real good job on them

Rick

so to do shadow, would you just take a copy of the stick out make it all black or grey make it transparent and shift it to where you want it ..something like that..as it would be a nice touch for sure

The quick and dirty on the false drop shadow..

Duplicate the layer of the image without the frame (or use the magnetic lasso tool to make a selection around the area you want to drop shadow)..

Select the new layer, fill with black, transform, flip horizontal, move to the right spot, edit>perspective, clean it up with eraser, then gaussian blur and set the opacity. You can use the smudge tool to wrap it around the frame or make a displacement map...smudge is way easier, displacement map more acurate.

Just make sure you try and duplicate the original light source from the image.