Made it into a MacLeans magazine

Fang

Got into work this morning and a collegue was waiting for me at my desk with a big grin. He produces a page torn out of a magazine and shoves a pen at me for an autograph. He could barely keep a straight face.

While flipping through a recent MacLeans magazine at the dentists office, he sees this ad for OFAH Anglers Awards and recognizes the angler as a co-worker. He tore the page out while the receptionist was in the back and brought it in for me.

I did notice a couple things though, they photo-shopped out the OFC logos on the black towel and changed my orange Bass Pro Shops hat to a Cabelas.

If anyone out there has back issues with this add, I'd love to get my hands on a clean page. My friend folded it up and stuck it in his pocket.

fishad2.jpg

cool

kinda funny about the photoshop work though...i'm sure you gave them the right to do whatever they wanted when you submitted the photo, but maybe double check the fine print of the submission guidelines to be sure...if you really care anyways...

fun to see yourself in print huh? :D

p.s. nice fish!

Edited by davis

Very cool, congrats. I can kinda understand removing OFC and other 'free advertising' but to change BPS (a non sponser) to Cabelas (a sponsor) seems a bit wrong rather than just removing the BPS logo. Basically they're saying that you endorse cabelas which may not be true. Gotta love the marketing world.