Urban Pike Fishing with Snag

ccmtcanada

Snag and I haven't hooked up for some pike since the spring, so after seeing his last report I got in touch with him and today was the day. I left my suburban home this morning at 5:45 so we could meet at 7am. I get there first, to a beautiful fall morning. The winds were calm, the waters were glass, and the air had that slight frosty feel to it. That all gets destroyed when he barrels in the parking area, sees me and starts blasting his horn....and begins waving to me like a mad man. I just looked away, pretending I didn't know this man....LOL.

Anyhow, he gives me a quick tour of the area and we begin our walk to the first fishing spot. There are lots of rocks around where we have to walk and he asks how my boots were...I said they were fine. Not 2 minutes later, I'm sliding down a rock face on my butt....LOL.

We begin casting out there and we both get follows pretty quickly! This could be a banner day! Then...nothing...no follows a lot of chatting, but nothing. Snag gets the first fish...smaller fish, but they were pretty scrappy!

snag2.jpg

A little while goes by and soon it becomes clear to me that he's going to be fish hog...and he lands another one!

snag3.jpg

Remember that post he did a while ago about pike lures that he buys at Dollarama? Well, he takes one out of his tackle box and shows it to me...the thing doesn't even swim straight...when you retrieve it, it barrel rolls over and over....LOL. So, to add insult to injury he begins casting it out there....with me throwing that brand named expensive lure....a Husky Jerk. Guess who gets the next fish with his Dollarama lure??? Yep....here it is in action....

snag4.jpg

And the money shot....

snag1.jpg

He then tells me that the person with the least number of landed fish has to post the report...LOL. We had about 1/2 left to fish before he headed off to work.

I keep casting out there...hoping I dont go home with the big skunkaroo....

clifffish.jpg

Suddenly I feel a hit. A quick hook set and I finally get to fight a fish...a small one, but I didn't really care...LOL

clifffish2.jpg

We saw a few interesting things while we were out....I think Snag may post a few pics to this thread....I'll let him tell the story though.

Snag is a pretty amazing guy to watch fishing! Here we are, throwing the same baits, using basically the same setups, and he consistently hooks into fish. We're thinking of heading out again next week...and hopefully get into some of those bigger fall fed fish.

Thank Snag...always a great time fishing with you.....until next time bud!

Edited by ccmtcanada

Isn't Ontario great?, such incredible fishing opportunities so close to the largest urban centre in the country.

Nice report bud, looks like a good spot to drop your new boat in :) .

It's pretty amazing what kind of shore fishing opportunities there are within an hour radius of Toronto. Pike, Carp, bass in bigger waters....salmon, trout etc in the creeks. If you do a little homework and footwork then you have a great chance at some nice fish.

I took notes...looks like a great place to put the boat....hehe.

That was great Cliff, but

Not quite how I recall everything unfolding.

Not LOL.

I do recall you begging me to post the report solo and screaming like a girl when you exclaimed "FISH ON, FISH ON, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD....FISH ON...OHHHHHH CAROLE WHERE ARE YOU!!........WHERE ARE YOU MY BELOVED IMMORTAL!"

A little embarrassing but cute.

I'll have to do another post!

Not LOL.

I do recall you begging me to post the report solo and screaming like a girl when you exclaimed "FISH ON, FISH ON, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD....FISH ON...OHHHHHH CAROLE WHERE ARE YOU!!........WHERE ARE YOU MY BELOVED IMMORTAL!"

I think everybody knows that is a given! No need to retell everybody we all ready know .

Edited by ALEX

Not LOL.

Hey man!!! I thought we talked about this....

WHAT HAPPENS AT THE FISHING HOLE STAYS AT THE FISHING HOLE!!!

And I didn't say immortal.

:P

Hey man!!! I thought we talked about this....

WHAT HAPPENS AT THE FISHING HOLE STAYS AT THE FISHING HOLE!!!

And I didn't say immortal.

:P

Oops sounds like the fishing hole is about to be covered over.

dsn