Prescription Polarized Fishing Glasses

Basskicker

I had my eye examination yesterday....and I would like to buy a pair of PRESCRIPTION fishing glasses. Does anyone out there own a pair? Is it worth the money? Hakim Optical had a VERY limited amount of options....basically they have Bolle frames with the prescription clipped on....with only brown polarized lens. I'm looking for grey or amber lenses if possible.

Jason

I must assume you need them for distance, but on the slight chance you just want them for up close stuff, I'd recommend the LL Bean fishing glasses with reader lenses. I've found them to be really excellect and I no longer have to fumble around when rigging. So many times before I'd have to take off my sunglasses, find my reading glasses, rig, put away my reading glasses, then try to find my sunglasses again. Can't tell you (or maybe you already know) what a pain that was. A quick google search though and I see you can buy a number of brand name sunglasses with prescription lenses.

I've been there and done that...unless you can't wear contact lenses, I would recommend getting contacts and then getting a pair of fishing polarized sunglasses.

The wrap-around style of the fishing sunglasses reduces the amount of light entering in behind your lenses (between your eyes and the lenses) reducing the glare further and allowing better polarized views.

Tony

that tony said.. tinted lenses or clip-ons alone will not be as good as the light will enter from the sides, bottom, etc. the wraparounds work much better, even the cheapo rapala ones. if you can, go contacts and non-presc. shades.

i got bolle cranebakes in polarized prescriptions, had the choice of coloured lenses aswell, all for $190. from wal-mart (frame, lense, polarization and tinting)... love 'em.... oh and they're not clip-ons :)

Edited by phat bassturd

There was a similar post to this in the summer. I had a similar issue, someone recommended to me a pair of Adidas sports sunglasses which have clip-on prescriptions. They looked pretty good but I never got round to getting a pair! Hard to find in the shops.

I wear RAY-BAN. got em from Sears for bout $250.00 when I ordered my safety glasses for work and my everyday glasses for home they gave me a discount...can't remember how much I saved but ended up with three new pairs for less than $400.00. I luv the Ray-Bans they wrap around blocking light from the sides too. Check out what Sears has. B)