I wish Cronzy would improve his releases!

silveradosheriff

I would be thrilled if they were in camo cooking my meal and washing up after.... other then that I consider them useless... Their show is complete crap.. I cant stand to listen to them blather on about nothing. Just like I cant stand watching paint dry..

As for Darryl.. well I grew up watching him.. others had Red and Bill... do I think he would batter your arm and lick his lips?? for sure I do!! but does he also bring alot of positive to the community?? well I also believe this to be true.

I have to say I used to look forward to watching him as a youngster on the tube....

The new generation has EXTREME everything...

My Generation had Darryl

And the Generation before me (the majority here) had Red etc...

even fishing moves with the times..

I am not ready to take anything to the EXTREME just yet... as is sounds like it will hurt in the morning...

Gerritt.

Wow Gerrit, that's great. I'm sure the female members of the board appreciate the enlightened attitude - shut up, cook and clean.

As for the sponsorship thing, it is a necessary evil. Until WFN came along fishing shows were almost entirely self-produced. The networks that air them would give next to no money but would let the producer keep and sell the commercial air time within the 1/2 hour of their show. Sponsors wanted more than simply having their add run at commercial break so product placement was embedded in the show. Just about every show does it, Choronzy, Italo, Izumi, Babe Winkleman, Shelly & Courtney, etc.

As for Choronzy, he blathers on more than any other host but I can always switch the channel so it hasn't become much of an issue for me. If he wants to keep and eat some fish, that's fine. Many of us do as well. I just wish he wouldn't talk with his mouth full, it's poor manners.

Wow Gerrit, that's great. I'm sure the female members of the board appreciate the enlightened attitude - shut up, cook and clean.

As for the sponsorship thing, it is a necessary evil. Until WFN came along fishing shows were almost entirely self-produced. The networks that air them would give next to no money but would let the producer keep and sell the commercial air time within the 1/2 hour of their show. Sponsors wanted more than simply having their add run at commercial break so product placement was embedded in the show. Just about every show does it, Choronzy, Italo, Izumi, Babe Winkleman, Shelly & Courtney, etc.

As for Choronzy, he blathers on more than any other host but I can always switch the channel so it hasn't become much of an issue for me. If he wants to keep and eat some fish, that's fine. Many of us do as well. I just wish he wouldn't talk with his mouth full, it's poor manners.

Jugzie... most of the female anglers here personally know me and know that in no way is it an insult directed towards them.. but thanks for your concern.

Gerritt.

.. do I think he would batter your arm and lick his lips?? for sure I do!!

Gerritt.

That's hilarious!

Just my 2 cents.....not all, but many species break the surface and jump much higher than the height Chrozy is releasing them from. Is he really doing that much harm? And if we are all so concerned for the well being of the fish, perhaps we should stop fishing.

Having said that, not all species can survive a rough release and it takes little effort to release them more gracefully to increase chances of survival.

Arguments like this just divide us and give fodder to the likes of P3TA.

Wow Jughead, looks like you're really in tune with the girls...now stand a little closer to the sink, you're splashing water on the floor. :lol:

Set the hook as hard as you can,with a 3/0 hook drag it back to the boat,pinch it by the lip, rip the hook out with a pair of pliers, hang it by its head and take a picture, maybe drop it a couple of times in the boat, now bend over and put it in the water gently cus you wouldnt want it to hit the water to hard.What a freakin joke, who started this,shake your head

Wow Jughead, looks like you're really in tune with the girls...now stand a little closer to the sink, you're splashing water on the floor. :lol:

Whatever, at least you make it easier for the rest of us the separate the imbeciles from the pack.

And Gerritt, there's really only one way to read what you wrote irregardless of how you want to back track and spin it.

Now if you all will excuse me, I have some dishes to do.

back track and spin? no where did I do that... I simply answered your comment with the facts... if that is putting a spin on things then you need to have your sense of reality checked.

Again those that KNOW me understand my comments. infact I have fished with most of the females on this forum even shared more then a couple beers with many of them.. Perhaps you should consult our female members before you become their "self appointed guardian"

be sure to use a good moisturizer after your done the dishes.. I would hate to see your hands get dry and cracked given the weather.

Enjoy your day!

Gerritt.

As a female angler on this board, I have had the pleasure of Gerritt's company on several occasions, including fishing on his boat, and I took NO offense what-so-ever in his comment. He's a great guy, very considerate and willing to drop whatever he's working on to help out a friend....male or female.