Thought I'd say hello.

BillM

Hey guys, what a great forum this is! I just thought I'd introduce myself and say hi. Originally from St.Catharines, moved up to Barrie about 4 years ago. Avid fisherman since I was old enough for mom to let me out in the boat with the oldman :) Oldman and I recently went up to the French Thanksgiving weekend. I had made a few purchases for the trip and was eager to try them out (Shimano Citica 100DSV baitcaster along with a MH 7" Shimano Clarus 1 piece). Made the 20km jaunt from Dry Pine Bay to the main channel pretty much everyday. Weather was about 18 degree's with the water temp at about 68. Stuck with top water lures the entire weekend for pike/bass. Dad would sink a few minnows trying to entice the ever illusive pickerel. Ended up with one nice pickerel (about 6lbs) endless bass and small pike (30+ fish a day) along with 2 nice pike, one tipped the scales at about 13lbs, the other was 25lb. Both took Zara Spook Jr's (small topwater bassbaits, lol). Boated 10+ smallmouth over 5lb's that weekend. I think the best part though was spending time with the oldman. Dad and myself, like the old days when he used to pull me out of grade school for the St.Catharines Salmon derby :) (He actually placed 1st in the Lake Trout division one year).

Here are some pics of the big pike I tied into. (ignore the stupid look on my face)

fish.jpg

fish2.jpg

Again, great forum, lots of info looking forward to picking up a few hints and tips from you guys!!!

-Bill

Edited by BillM