Will we see big numbers of fish?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. How good will simcoe be?

• Large fish but few.
    • Large fish and lots.
    • Few small fish.
    • Lots small of fish.
    • Will never catch one.

Well I like what I hear about spawning habitat. Heres hoping we see some returns on the project. Not to sound like a glass is half empty person but did anyone ask when was the earlest we could expect to see any results.

August 17th, 2009 is the first predicted fish to be caught.

Nah just kidding, That was one of the questions raised. Statistics show... most juvenile fish are not caught. Saying this, they feel fish won't be seen or caught until they are at least 3 - 4 yrs of age. Correct me if I'm wrong but that would put the muskie at around 24-30 inches.

http://mdc.mo.gov/fish/sport/muskie/habitat.htm

Edited by Ron

A Thank you to the mods allso for leaveing this thread up when at first it appeared to be heading south . It didnt head south and I for one got a lot of info that i didnt have before . Thanks to the muskies canada guys and Marc etc. for not getting into it and presenting the info . Weather you agree with the project or not I cant say enough good things about these guys who give their time and labour for projects like this, keep up the good work , I allso like Terry want to know how we can sign up ,show up , what ever , to help out in the spring ?Just because I think maybe other projects have more value , Ive been known to be wrong in the past (ask my wife) and if this many good people think this is the way to go , im more than willing to help out and see things first hand . Please let us know Chris or Ron , lots of good people on the board im sure would want to help out .

Edited by capt bruce

For those who are interested in helping out next spring: either Ron or I will post something a little closer to the time (Apr/May - depends on the weather). At the risk of sounding like I'm flogging the site, keep an eye on the MCI website (www.muskiescanada.ca) for more reports about the project as well as a heads up about volunteers next spring.

While Ron captured the highlights of Jason's presentation, he barely scratched the surface. Had we all not kept quiet at one point, I'm sure the meeting would have lasted 4 hours - great to see the level of interest and enthusiasm that the project is generating. I was especially mindful of the questions that had been raised here regarding habitat in the Lake. Jason quickly allayed any concerns when he described a number of area's that were "excellent" habitat for the stocking that has been completed and for what is planned in the near future.

Thanks to all who came out and congratulations to all of the folks who have worked so hard on this project.

Chris